Sign in to follow this  
mnmon

Flight1 MD80 IS OUT!

Hi,Just to clarify, this is all NEW work. This product was not modelled after an older product. I think the original post meant an older plane, which it is.We are very pleased with the textures, as this version of the product does have a very blue cockpit. You can see the VC here...http://www.flight1software.com/showcase/s80/5.jpgThe 2D here...http://www.flight1software.com/showcase/s80/10.jpgAnd the real cockpit at Airliners.net...http://www.airliners.net/open.file/903338/L/ Regarding the reflective windows in the VC, we may ask Terry for this but the problem is that this product is very geared to cockpit systems and the training system, and it loads a lot into memory and we do want to maintain good performance. But we can maybe see! It depends if it slows things down. I guess users can de-select the VC version if they are in training mode.I just wanted to mostly clarify the part about this being from an old product.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Guest ScottPilot

I might give it a try since I don't own the DC-9 and Flight 1 has a great refund policy if you are dissapointed with what you have purchased.Scott :-)

Everyone has been commenting on graphics and sounds, etc. What about the flight model??? I can live with minor graphics flaws, etc. but the one thing that has deleted more payware from my hard drive is the flight model. Anyone done a few stalls, steep turns, and *hand* flown an ILS approach??? Inquiring minds want to know :-) Mike

> Everyone has been commenting on graphics and sounds, etc. >What about the flight model??? I can live with minor graphics>flaws, etc. but the one thing that has deleted more payware>from my hard drive is the flight model. Anyone done a few>stalls, steep turns, and *hand* flown an ILS approach??? >Inquiring minds want to know :-)>AGREED!XP Home SP2Asus P4P800-SE Intel 3.0GHZDDR 400 D/C 4x512MBLeadtek 6800GT 256MB (77.72)SB AudigyCH Products Yoke/Pedals USBSee you in the fence...CYYZ

>Can anyone comment on the gauge refresh rate in the VC? I>fly exclusively VC (using popups as necessary) so gauge>refresh is important for me. >>Thanks in advance>>DaveDo the gauges 'pop-up' on the 2-D panel ? Judging from the screenshots they are not easy to read.John

Hey Steve Halpern, I guess I shoud have looked at a real pic before commenting. You guys did replicate the real one. When I saw the coolsky name, who I never heard of, I guess that made me more skeptical. I am sure all of you at Flight1 would never risk your reputation if you didn't feel things were up to the level you are used to. I still would like to see reflective windows, but that is just my personal liking. I own all Flight1 products, and and always been very happy with all of them.Best regards, Jeff

>Hi,>>Just to clarify, this is all NEW work. This product was not>modelled after an older product. I think the original post>meant an older plane, which it is.>Not entirely true Steven... :) Even though the model was based on the original DC9, it is essentially a new model because of many modeling changes required to make it an MD80. So, it really is a new model, not a borrowed one.Regards,Jim Rhoads

Steve, what i meant by that, is that the systems is modeled after the older generation of the MD80 series. Didnt mean that you guys just slapped a new paint on the DC9 IK. I know that this bird was redesigned, but it was modeled after an older generation of the MD80 series.Hope no hard feelings were cause bro! :-wave

It's got teething problems, however, you all should know that the Super 80 has some really amazing breakthroughs:* the procedures and checklist walkthroughs are something I've never seen before, really top-class* the cockpit (2D at least) has very few placebos* the on-the-fly configurability is awesome* not only do you get speed bugs set automatically (a la LDS767), but you get a V-speed data card with takeoff and landing data that is configurable and viewable in the panel (this is VERY HANDY)To me, this add-on should mature nicely and become among the top "must haves" that we'll be talking about in the coming months.J-

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

The flight model is excellent Mike. I've never flown a real MD-80 but this one feels how I imagine the real one would feel...I'll put it like this, there have been a few quality aircraft of this type released over the past few years (Flight1's DC9 being one of them). Lago released the first version of it's MadDog a few years back. One thing that stands out to me is the DC series of aircraft fly a tad bit different than say your 737/757 types. A bad flight model would have you feeling your flying a 737 versus an MD-80. This aircraft shares the same if not better feel of all the hardcore MD-80 products that have been released over the years. Lago's current version of the MadDog has a comparable FDE...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

>Gauge lighting should never be tied to the landing or taxi lights>but here once again it is.>The landing lights linked to VC gauge backlighting is due to coding of Microsoft, yes there are workarounds, but then add on hardware with working switches doesn't properly work and those folks start complaining and want an additional work around. I took it up last night and loved the night lighting, just don't let the landing light switch bug ya ;).

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888