Sign in to follow this  
fleendo

Is it possible to darken certain objects/textures for the Night?

Hello folks,
when Im flying during night times in FSX the night is just too bright. With ENB and Reshade I could more or less darken the night. But problem with those two addons is that it darkens everthing for the night. Areas that are not supposed to be darkend like the cockpit, the sky, the city lights and the stars. Its too bad because then most of the stars are not visible anymore.

So my question is if there is a tool/addon/program or a tweak out there where you can decide which areas should be very dark at night?

Best regards,

Patrick

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Couple of suggestions -

1. Set your date/time for when there is no moon.

2. I have displays where I have made adjustments to color/contrast/brightness; one for normal daytime flying,  one for very saturated colors (a Kodak moment!), one for night time flying, etc.  I can just click a button on the display and I can get very dark nights.  Not sure if your display has that capability but again... just suggestions.

Clutch

2. I have displays where I have made adjustments to color/contrast/brightness; one for normal daytime flying,  one for very saturated colors (a Kodak moment!), one for night time flying, etc.  I can just click a button on the display and I can get very dark nights.

But the problem still remains that it would darken everything for the night right?

I misunderstood your question, Patrick.  As far as I know there is no tool which will decide which areas should be very dark at night.

Would that Shade Program work for this? Search FSX Shade for info.

I think its just another a programm that darkens everything at night. Like Reshade.