Sign in to follow this  
w9nwrwi

Waypoint options & flight plan window

Dave,

Working with the FPL window,  Should the RED circle X (lower left of FPL window) work to delete a WPT from the FPL? No joy here with that when particular WPT window is highlighted.

I also tried going to the far left of the highligted window in this case an Interesction icon and clicked on it, then the Way Point Options window comes up. That window does not show the title of the
selected waypoint, it just says WPT.  Selecting Center on Map works fine, as does Insert Before and Insert After.  When I select Remove nothing happens except the FPL track line flashes once but nothing changes, i.e. removal of waypoint.

Wpt up and down has also stopped working.  All other functions, SID, STAR, APPR, etc. working well.

Assistance appreciated,

Thanks, Chuck

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Chuck,

The flight plan will not allow you to manually delete a waypoint that is part of a SID, STAR or Approach.  You can only delete the waypoints that you input manually or the departure and destination airports.

Dave

Ok, understand.  I wonder if one could put the Edit  Flight Plan  on a wish list if the scenario is even possible.  Sometimes I will download flight-plan that I would like to modify/delete some way-points. From what I have seen is that some flight-plans that I download my x-plane FMC does not like and I would like to work with them to see where the trouble is.  but to make it complete I guess I would have to work with the .VBF also....ah....never mind... :smile:

Thanks for the reply,

Chuck