Sign in to follow this  
Humberside

P3D freezes and crashes

Hi all,

Yesterday my P3D V3 froze and crashed as the scenario screen loaded. I've tried the obvious fixes (rebuilding the CFG etc) to no avail.

All I have done is update orbx products through orbx direct.

Thanks

Joe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I just had a similar problem after updated the objectflow_P3D.dll which was released by Orbx so that it could be compatible with the latest version of P3D.  I no longer see this error so somehow it worked its way out.  To fix it temporarily I disabled the ObjectFlow entry in the dll.xml and changed the second line in the entry from False to True.  I have since changed it back to False and I do not see the crash anymore.

The dll.xml loads the ObjectFlow module at startup so any crashes or freezes will probably occur when you first startup P3D.  However, the ObjectFlow module will not be used if you load non-Orbx scenery.  So I think if you load to an Orbx location this crash will occur.  If to a non-Orbx location it should load okay.

Best regards,

Jim

Hi Jim,

I ran FTX Central 3 and it seemed that a couple of products were still updating from yesterday, they have now updated and P3D runs fine

Joe