Sign in to follow this  
planenut

P3D and Quality Wings

I recently purchased the Quality Wings Ultimate 146 which Is supposed to be compatible with FSX and P3d.  The problem I'm having along with several others is that I can't get the flaps to work.  I've tried assigning the flap control with both the P3d controls setting and through FSUIPC.  Neither works.

Of course I've already gone to the Quality Wings support website but they don't seem to be interested in helping because they are tied up with another new project.  I'm running P3d 3.4.9 which is probably the problem since others running previous versions don't see this.

Does anyone have an idea as to what I can do to get this thing to work?  Other that this particular problem everything else seems to be working ok.  Thanks for any advice.

Jim

What is working for me (not ideal):

You have to be lucky that all three (landing gear, flaps, spoilers) are working. I do my normal cold and dark procedure till the engines are running (without FMC setup). Then I check quickly if all are working. If not, I reload the plane (I set Ctrl + Shift + C for this). After this it usually works. If not, just load it again. After I know that it is working, I program the FMC, which takes only a minute in the AVRO.

Be careful, you can't use the option, that it loads cold and dark by default. With this it will not work to reload it.

Good luck.

It is really annoying, that they can't spare a day to fix these issues. As if it would matter if the B787 is one more day late. They lost me as a customer for sure.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Is it not so that 146 is compatible only with earlier P3D version ?

I have it installed in 3.49, but allways use the RJ variant with no problems. The 146 can be tricky, therefore I do not use it now.

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

Yeah, I saw too late that it was only compatible with v1.4 or v2.x.  I just saw on their product page that it was compatible with P3d and that was good enough for me.  My bad.  Strange that everything else works i.e. landing gear,  spoilers, parking brake, etc.  Oh well, maybe a fix will be found.  They could fix it if they really wanted too.  Won't be buying anything else from them.

Jim

I'm also waiting until QW will release update for recent version of P3D, but it looks hopeless ...

146 with analogue gauges - one of my favourite...

Artur