Sign in to follow this  
MarkSC

New User--Couple of Issues

I'm using XP11, which I know is not supported, but I'm not sure if these issues are related to that or not (I do not have XP10 to try):

1. I cannot consistently get ATC chatter.  Sometimes it's there, but usually I can go a whole flight without any. Sometimes I can activate it by switching to COM 2 and changing frequencies, sometimes not. I am pretty certain that the file structure is correct per the manual or else I would never hear ATC.  I have .wav files in each subfolder in the Controllers folder for Apr, Ctr, Twr, etc. I am flying at KSEA. I have controllers file structure selected in options. The folders are in the default sounds/ATC_chatter folder. (I have also tried the country file structure option with US folder with no luck, but I did not have any region subfolders--is that required?)

2. The copilot function does not work except for auto setting the heading on the autopilot. The copilot does not change radios or respond to ATC at any time in a flight, even after a correct readback. I do have the two boxes checked in options for copilot.

Thanks for trying Pilot2ATC.

1) I found a possible bug in the code that would have prevented Chatter from working if the controller type was a combined type like Gnd_Twr.  That is fixed in the next update.

2)The Copilot only changes to radio frequencies directed by ATC and only does the initial contact in situations where it is a standard call, like switching from Departure to Center or from Center to Center.  If a decision must be made, like deciding if you are ready for departure, the copilot changes the frequency when told by ATC, but you have to make the call when you are ready.

All that said, if it's working correctly, you will hear a lot from the copilot and 90% of frequency changes should be made.  The first one would be the Copilot reading back an IFR Clearance. 

Make sure you have a Voice set for the Pilot.

Dave

Sorry, but it's not working for me.  I filed an IFR flight plan from KCHS today.  I did have background ATC chatter this time, but still no copilot. I can press the say it button and hear the pilot readback.  However, for the entire flight, the copilot never changed frequencies or auto-responded to any ATC.  

Mark,

I just tried it and it worked fine with the 2.0.1.21 version from the web site.

Make sure the volume on the Voices tab is turned up, although if you heard the Pilot speaking when you pressed SayIt then you should be OK with that.

Try unchecking and then re-checking the Copilot Options checkboxes on the Speech tab.

You might try turning Chatter off.  It shouldn't make any difference, but you never know.

It should work.

Dave

Thanks.  I just had a nice flight using the sayit function and my own voice. I think earlier I was failing some of the readbacks, which prevented the auto frequency setting by the copilot.  With my latest flight, all frequencies were indeed auto set.  Nice. Still no auto read backs from the copilot, but I can live with that and will experiment with your suggestions.