Sign in to follow this  
Conzy6

Windows 10 transfer

So after talking to Microsoft and looking online, i cant seem to find the answer im looking for.

3 months ago I purchased a retail copy of windows 10. NO free upgrades or anything like that. Just windows 10 on the new USB stick they provide. Today I will be building my new FSX pc and all I want to know is can I transfer it to my new computer.

Retail copy of Windows can be moved to another machine (keyword is moved - cannot run concurrently on 2 or more machines), unlike OEM which is bound to its original machine.

Retail copy of Windows can be moved to another machine (keyword is moved - cannot run concurrently on 2 or more machines), unlike OEM which is bound to its original machine.

Thank you :)

Yep, It's your retail copy, not OEM, thus, as said, you can install on any machine... as long as it's only one at a time.

OEM on the other hand is assigned to just that particular machine. However, you are still allowed to upgrade that machine, actually quite extensively.