Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

Richmond Airport (KRIC) in the Library

Thanks everyone for your appreciation. Gives us freeware guys some recognition :smile:. Although this is really a labor of love... :wink:

Shez

You are what makes this hobby great! 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I thought there was a good KDAL somewhere. Let me check it out.

Shez

The Glenn Johnson version in the library is not very good, high VAS use and tends to CTD my rig for some reason.

Of course I jumped on it when it was released and downsized the textures to help VAS usage but not up to what you can do which is why I asked. Hopefully you can still consider it so we won't be stuck with that version forever since it keeps getting passed by payware devs.

KABQ is a good choice as well since the only freeware are not up to your payware standard either.

I'll pass you a nice monetary donation if you can do KDAL :-)

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Had to share of Screen Shot of KRIC!

Terrific work Shez!!!

KRIC%20P3D.png

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Nice. Still not mastered SODE so default jetways. At least they are animated and GSX works on them. One thing to check for all users is to have TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048 or maybe even 4096. Looks like the trees are all showing and it looks like teh real life RIC in the middle of a tree lined area.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Supplemental Installation of Shez's KRIC Scenery

Why is the procedure below important?  Because it is not necessary to overwrite any files, and one can install, enable, disable, remove, re-order, or re-prioritize scenery very easily without affecting other files or the need to manually remove files. Additionally, one is able to tell exactly what scenery is installed and enabled/disabled at a glance.\

SPECIAL NOTE:  I've found that for scenery management purposes (especially when one has a LOT of airport scenery), it is very important to ensure airport scenery names begin with the Airport ICAO.  Example:  "KRIC 2017 P3D" or "KRIC 2017X".

ALTERNATE INSTALLATION METHOD

1. Open the Downloaded KRIC Scenery folder.

2. Create a new folder, name it Activate These Sceneries.

3. Create a new folder, name it KRIC Airport Scenery, and place the "scenery" and "texture" folders associted with the airport scenery into this folder.  NOTE:  For the FSX version, you simply need to rename the RIC2017X folder.

4. Create a new folder, name it KRIC 2017 Library Files, and move the "scenery" and "texture" folders associated with the Library files to this folder.

5. Move the KRIC Airport Scenery and KRIC 2017 Library Files folders to the Activate These Sceneries folder.

ACTIVATION:  Using the FSX/P3D Scenery Manger, first install and activate the KRIC 2017 Library Files folder, the install/activate the KRIC Airport Scenery folder.  This will ensure proper prioritization for the scenery and libraries.  If you're using Scenery Config Editor or a similar program for scenery management, ensure the KRIC Airport Scenery is a higher priority than the KRIC 2017 Library Files.

My thanks again to Shez for yet another FANTASTIC AIRPORT SCENERY! 

My very best wishes to everyone!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.