Sign in to follow this  
zkline

Non-visual add-on suggestions

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions for good add-ons for FSX, which aren't primarily visual in nature. A lot of popular ones seem to be either new aircraft or scenery, neither of which are particularly useful to me as a blind pilot. I maybe interested in new aircraft at some later point, but for now wonder what else is out their.

I have MyTraffic, which seems to do a great job of making the skies feel a bit more alive, and Radar Contact for ATC. I've heard about FS Passengers, but don't know how well it will work with Its Your Plane or my screen reader.

Please feel free to chime in with interesting ideas :)

An interesting task!  My assumption is that you are using Michelle (from It's Your Plane) to do all of the flying

and you get to sit back and enjoy the experience.  The only enhancements I can think of would be sound

packages.  There are some out there like a popup panel with buttons to push and many different

announcements from the flight attendants, co-pilots, etc.

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi...

Get the "meatwater" mod for RC4 - it's in the file library - 10 files actually - a sound engineer processed all the RC4 sounds and they are vastly improved over the originals... It is probably listed as an FS9 file - but it works anywhere RC4 works...

Regards,
Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

An interesting task!  My assumption is that you are using Michelle (from It's Your Plane) to do all of the flying

and you get to sit back and enjoy the experience.  The only enhancements I can think of would be sound

packages.  There are some out there like a popup panel with buttons to push and many different

announcements from the flight attendants, co-pilots, etc.

That's correct. I'm wondering how much flying I might eventually be able to do on my own, if only to simulate a slightly more realistic experience.

I wonder if I can use my current methodology to work with FS Passengers? That seems to have a good amount of excellent sound additions itself.

In the long term, I've also been wondering about how much instrument data is exposed via, say, FSUIPC. Is it theoretically possible to capture more of that and export it to a program for speech output? I imagine that's more a question for add-on developers.

FS Passengers has a free demo you can try, so not anything to lose on that!  It looks like they have their own

forum for all types of questions.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: