Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

Help with Transponder setting

I am flying these days using Pro-ATC-X. On the ramp after requesting clearance, I set the transponder code as requested but no matter which position I place the switch while parked at the bay, ATC remind me every few minutes to squawk my code. After dialing in the code, what position must I have the switch in for ATC to identify me?

I know I switch over to TA/RA when entering the active RWY and then when I exit on landing, where does the switch go, back to STBY?

Thanks!

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I know I switch over to TA/RA when entering the active RWY and then when I exit on landing, where does the switch go, back to STBY?

The different transponder modes and when to use them is mentioned several times in Tutorial 1 and 2. You can search for them by right clicking on the face of the document, then left click find, a box will appear in the upper right corner. Type transponder in the box and left click next. When you are finished with that mention of transponder left click Next to see the next mention of the word. And so on until you have finished searching the document,

ATC remind me every few minutes to squawk my code

This is a bug in ProATC/X. You have two options here. One is to press the Ident button after you set the code. The other is to check the "Copilot sets Nav Radios" (or something to that effect) box in the settings.

Walter Meier

Heh, I saw this thread title and I immediately thought: Someone is using ProATC/X.

Yeah with the recent 1.8.5 update (which has now been replaced by 1.8.7, is when I first started experiencing it too. Walter's recommendations are spot on, both have worked for me.

I've found that there's a small window of time after DEL comes back and you have to lock in the transponder code. I've had good luck when I'm recording things to immediately input the transponder code. If I can get it to match what the application expects within 30 seconds of me finishing my scripted read back, I don't get the ping. I've also noticed that the audible warnings are automatically suppressed when I get switched over to TWR. Asssuming I have the correct code entered. 

Ah, thanks, that would explain it then. Will try one or both of the work-arounds.

Much appreciated!

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor