Sign in to follow this  
kenny584

Mapping the T/O Config button.

Errrm...take that back. All is not as it seems. The call out for warnings (i.e "No take-off trim, flaps etc) only

seem to be working the first time it finds one of these is not set correctly. The second time I am getting no call-out

but when I set the flaps etc correctly, I get the "Take-off okay" every time. Weird. More work required!

cheers

Keith

Ok, I am closer now. It now works every time with status errors and "take-off OK". One thing is bothering me though.

The Lvars seems to suggest that it will throw up a "no take-off speedbrake" if the speedbrake is set but I can't seem to get this

to work even when I try it from the VC. Please could someone give this a go. Set everything up for take off as usual but set the

speedbrake to OPEN (switch down position). Then press the TO Config button to see if it shouts out a warning, mine doesn't.

Anyway, here is the new Lua code for getting it to work as far as I have so far.......

function TOconfigTEST ()
ipc.writeLvar("ASD_BTN_TO_CONFIG_EMB505", 1)
end
function TOconfigTESToff ()
ipc.writeLvar("BUFFER_P300_Take_OFF_OK", 0)
ipc.writeLvar("ASD_BTN_TO_CONFIG_EMB505", 0)
ipc.writeLvar("TO_CONFIG_EMB505_FLAPS", 0)
ipc.writeLvar("TO_CONFIG_EMB505_BRAKE", 0)
ipc.writeLvar("TO_CONFIG_EMB505_SPEEDBRAKE1", 0)
ipc.writeLvar("TO_CONFIG_EMB505_SPEEDBRAKE3", 0)
ipc.writeLvar("TO_CONFIG_EMB505_TRIM", 0)
end

The last five lines reset everything so that The TO Config will find them out of place a second time if necessary.

all the best

Keith

P.S I couldn't get it to work via FSUIPC using the SET command as suggested, though it may be me doing something

wrong. I find LINDA a lot more intuitive than the FSUIPC interface.

Hey Folks.

That is a great piece of detective work!! I'm thinking that it is a bit beyond me at present but I'll get together with my friend from the CIX club who uses LINDA for his A2A aircraft. I'm sure he will make sense of it all in the correct context of working the variables.

Best Regards...Ken.

p.s. what a great hobby and a great bunch of guys.

2 hours ago, kenny584 said:

Hey Folks.

That is a great piece of detective work!! I'm thinking that it is a bit beyond me at present but I'll get together with my friend from the CIX club who uses LINDA for his A2A aircraft. I'm sure he will make sense of it all in the correct context of working the variables.

Best Regards...Ken.

p.s. what a great hobby and a great bunch of guys.

If you do ever decide to resurrect your plans for a home cockpit I'll be glad to share my LUA code with you. Just to let you know that i am no programmer, but i am patient and persistent  😊.

I'd be nowhere without our simming community to draw from however. 

All the best

Keith.

Keith

Very good work!!

I'm not a 100% sure, but I think I'm the friend from the CIX Forum:biggrin:

It must have taken you a couple of test runs to figure this one out!

Ken: did you try the code? or should we get together on TS/teamviewer?

13 hours ago, Tomas Linnet said:

Keith

Very good work!!

I'm not a 100% sure, but I think I'm the friend from the CIX Forum:biggrin:

It must have taken you a couple of test runs to figure this one out!

Ken: did you try the code? or should we get together on TS/teamviewer?

Thanks Tomas. I find the hardest part is distinguishing which lvars are operating the visuals in the VC and which are actually affecting the sim. Carenado are using a mix of FSX controls and lvars and sometimes both.

All the best

Keith

• Like 1

On 10/1/2017 at 9:59 AM, stinger2k2 said:

Hi again Ken,

I have completed the Overhead Panel, Autopilot mapping and all works ok so far. I have now got onto the throttle quadrant panel which includes the T/O CONFIG switch that you refer to.

I have found a handful of Lvars which seem to be for this but first I need to know what this switch achieves, as in normal operation of the aircraft I haven't been using it. I assume the purpose is to check that the T/O configuration has been set and if it finds something that is not at the correct setting it calls out a warning. Am I right in my assumption?

regards

Keith

HI sir, 

Ive spent last night trying to configure the VS/ALT buttons with switches. Im completely at loss as there are several events that happen and values that seems to get configured when the VS switch is selected. You mention in the message above that you've succeeded mapping Autopilot mapping. Are you using SPAD.NEXT to do so ? or are you doing it in FSUIPC directly ?

if so, would you mind sharing your VS/ALT (autopilot) settings as im losing my mind.

thanks

• Like 1