Sign in to follow this  
GACSavannah

Moving XP-11 files

I installed the full ( not Demo) XP-11 the other day, but somehow managed to install it directly onto my desktop instead of within a folder structure on my desired drive. Don't ask how...but somehow I managed to do it. I thought I had read before that with XP it is OK to simply drag folders and files to new locations, but before I go and mess up the installation, I want to know if there are any issues that I may cause by doing so. Basiclly, I want to create a proper folder for XP-11 on my desired drive, and simply slide all of the contents into that folder.

Any thoughts from any one on this?

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Just move it, or better if you have storage enough, copy it to another place.
If it works, remove the one from your desktop.

I am quet sure its likewise XP10

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

You could adjust the path in the x-plane_install_11.txt located in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\ after moving your X-Plane 11 installation.

This way, the X-Plane installer/updater and some addon-installers will automatically find your X-Plane location. I'm not on my sim machine at the moment, but the path in this file has a space and slash or backslash at the end (not sure), that must be kept.

You could adjust the path in the x-plane_install_11.txt located in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\ after moving your X-Plane 11 installation.

This way, the X-Plane installer/updater and some addon-installers will automatically find your X-Plane location. I'm not on my sim machine at the moment, but the path in this file has a space and slash or backslash at the end (not sure), that must be kept.

>  You could adjust the path in the x-plane_install_11.txt located in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\ after moving your X-Plane 11 installation.

​Thank you Matthias, I will be sure to do that

> You can drag and drop the X-Plane 11 folder wherever you want without issues.

Thank you Jason

> Just move it, or better if you have storage enough, copy it to another place.

Thank you!

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.