Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

Windows Anniversary Update + XP11 causes frame rate drop and VR drop

I had two test images of windows.. one was windows anniversary update... both testing XP11 now beta3.. and flyinside..

In general going from one image to the other i saw a fps drop.. particularly in the ATW part of VR+Flyinside, but also in the sim frame rate.  I verified this by updating my test image to the anniversary update.

I know its been discussed outside of here at least, that one fix was to disable the GameDVR in the Xbox app.. which i did, this made no difference.

I also tried disabling the defender services but that made no difference.

I suspect when i move on to do an msconfig and start only minimal services i may see it return to normal, but isolating the cause will be tricky.

I also check the cpu utilization and I'm not seeing any processes sucking up extra cpu cycles beyond XP when running, so that is also strange.  Another test i did was to do a clean wipe of nvidia drivers and reinstall the latest, no joy.

Anyone else noticed this and able to isolate the cause?

Thanks in advance

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I suspect you are really looking for an answer to your issue, but why start a new thread when you were already asking the same question in another?

http://www.avsim.com/topic/500034-xp11-flyinside-vr-experiences-and-questions/?p=3533197

Because this is not a VR issue, but a generic issue entirely.. not everyone here will read a VR thread to discover the question :)  My other thread is just notes on what i'm finding over time for VR with XP.

So you are saying that there is an issue with VR, Flyinside and XP 11 beta3, combined with an anniversary update from Windows 10 right?  I can attest that I have the anniversary update with Windows 10 (much to my apprehension), but XP 11 beta 3 works as it did prior to the update.  I don't use VR nor Flyinside, so maybe you could pose the question to those who created Flyinside and maybe you might get a quicker answer?

So you are saying that there is an issue with VR, Flyinside and XP 11 beta3, combined with an anniversary update from Windows 10 right?  I can attest that I have the anniversary update with Windows 10 (much to my apprehension), but XP 11 beta 3 works as it did prior to the update.  I don't use VR nor Flyinside, so maybe you could pose the question to those who created Flyinside and maybe you might get a quicker answer?

Ah sorry, i guess the way i worded it and the title i chose for this one was misleading.. no.. i have a 2D drop in frame rate too, outside of VR.  I spotted this issue in other non flight sim threads, thats where i got the tip on disabling the dvr, but it didnt help.  A few have thought there was a KB that was installed that may have caused it as well, which might need removed (havent tried this)

I had regular 2D frame rates in the upper 20s which became low 20s after the update.. i will retest to be certain, but im 90% sure its 2D as well.

That is.. some new process, though not sucking cpu cycles must be interfering 

I hope to try some things later tonight to isolate the problem, but i was hoping someone would say, oh its xyz that caused it