Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

Flysimware GNS ENTER button stops working.

Hello all.

I've only owned my learjet for about a day or so, and I also have owned the Mu-2 for a month now, but I have a recurring problem with the ENTER button on the GPS: it stops working halfway through a flight. I press and press,  but I get nothing. This is a pain because I want to select an RNAV approach, but this is impossible when the button stops working. What gives?

Is anyone else experiencing this? I've also had this issue crop up on my Mu-2, but it hasn't happened in a while.

Suggestions/Fixes?

Thanks,

Scott

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Scott,

A couple of ideas:

-It might be worth checking when this problem happens if both the panel mounted and popup version of the GNS GPS have the same Enter button problem.

-When the problem occurs, does the mouse cursor change to indicate an active click spot when hovering over the Enter button?

-Are you sure pushing Enter is a valid entry when this problem occurs?

Al

Hi Scott,

A couple of ideas:

-It might be worth checking when this problem happens if both the panel mounted and popup version of the GNS GPS have the same Enter button problem.

-When the problem occurs, does the mouse cursor change to indicate an active click spot when hovering over the Enter button?

-Are you sure pushing Enter is a valid entry when this problem occurs?

Al

Thx for the reply, Al. 1) yes, both the popup and the VC gps have the same issue at same time. 2) yes, the mouse cursor does change. I experimented with GPD direct, selecting a procedure, got nothing. 3) yes, the enter button is a valid option when I selected it. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot, but still have the problem intermittently. 

:-)

[^quote name=rightseat' timestamp='1483310682' post='3539436]

Thanks for helping me troubleshoot, but still have the problem intermittently.

Another idea would be the possibility of a conflict with an add-on program of some kind.

Al

The only other program I run is Active Sky, but I've had the issue when not running AS....

Thanks again,

Scott