Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryanbatcund

Ok with my GTX 970 (3.5GB vram) for XP11?

8 posts in this topic

I'm planning to stay with 1080P and not go 2/4k or VR any time soon.  XP11 is the most demanding software out there that I'll be using for the new build.

Does anyone see concerns driving 2 monitors (one for the sim and one for charts/internet browser) and keeping my GTX 970?  Adding a 1070 puts me $200 over budget (budget 1000 USD).  

The card will be fine for P3D (I think I'll hold on to that sim for now), but I also play other games like Battlefield 1 and various steam games.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ryan, Im using a 970 in the same matter, Dual monitors, 3K main monitor with no issues. I have moving maps, internet etc. on a networked computer though.

Ok thanks, do you use XP11 with HDR on?  I notice with settings on high or max my VRAM is nearly 3.5 GB.  I understand my 970 has 4 but the other .5 GB is a lot slower.  I'm not sure how that translates to performance in XP or P3D for that matter.

It all depends on your settings. I run a single 1080p monitor with a 980Ti and consistently have more than 5GB of VRAM used up in XP10,

It all depends on your settings. I run a single 1080p monitor with a 980Ti and consistently have more than 5GB of VRAM used up in XP10,

Wow.  I never got close to 3.5GB in XP10 - but in 11 I basically hit it with high settings.  Are you running textures at uncompressed?

Wow.  I never got close to 3.5GB in XP10 - but in 11 I basically hit it with high settings.  Are you running textures at uncompressed?

Nope, you should never run uncompressed textures.

Do your upgrade, and then add the other $200 at a later stage for the 1070

Yeah that's likely what will happen

I did the same I had a GTX 570 and went to the 970 3 yrs later.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0