Sign in to follow this  
Petermuc3

Some issues FSL A320

Thanks Gerald, I am running v 1.01.191 and will try the lights test. But as I inserted " strobe lights on" in the "before t/o flow" voxscript I tested and the copilot acted correctly, but later on when using it during taxi he did not put strobe lights to on.

Peter

Ah OK.

Remember, you can always override something via a direct command.

If you notice he forgot something while executing the flow, don't sit there like a duck waiting for him to finish the flow before remembering to ask him to set it.

Just assume you may be flying with a rooky who needs supervision. It adds a bit of stress, just like in the real world you know.

There are misunderstandings, and people who don't get on very well with each other (that's why there are 9 recorded voices) IRL.

Only be concerned, when you test the command and Fo doesn't seem to read the state of the switch, in which case please report it. For instance, with the switch in "on" position, and you ask him "strobe light on", he shouldn't flip the switch, and you may get "already on" instead, which confirms he knows in which state it is.

Will be moving straight to FSL latest V193

Hi Gerald,

just tested V193 with MCE. Unfortunately, here it seems like a lot of the scripts are not working anymore. This includes all Door Controls but also nearly the complete air conditioning panel. I have tested in a regular flight situation but also with the testing scripts provided.

Are these known issues? Do you have an idea on how to resolve these?

Thanks,

Dominik

I am on .193 too now and noticed that the copilot struggles a bit with the oh panel. E.g. taxilight on, copilot switches the right landing light on.

Would be great if you would have a look at this, Gerald.

Thanks Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

@DomGiu81

It has been reported. And it's affecting interfacing only under P3D V3.2 or higher.

Co-pilot should be able to operate FCU, Ecam, Pedestal panel, Efis panel an all the lights.

It's specific switches (overhead panel buttons above external lights section and FMC CDU buttons) that FO clicks using a specific technique that appears to be broken under P3D.

FO can still read the switches state, therefore won't affect the checklist.

As a temporary workaround, you could have a more hands on approach (edit flows to do a bit more yourself) with setting up overhead panel.

We're working on getting this resolved.

I am on FSX SP2 and have the copilot flipping the wrong switches on the OH panel.

Peter

I am on .193 too now and noticed that the copilot struggles a bit with the oh panel. E.g. taxilight on, copilot switches the right landing light on.

Would be great if you would have a look at this, Gerald.

Thanks Peter

Thanks for reporting it.

Now fixed. Download this zip file, unzip and replace "mcfslA3X.dll" in \Flight Simulator X\MCE dlls\ folder or \Prepar3D v3\MCE dlls\ folder.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/mcfslA3X.zip

I am on FSX SP2 and have the copilot flipping the wrong switches on the OH panel.

No such issues under FSX.

Just be aware, when you start MCE and see message in red font "Co-pilot detecting click spots, please keep FSX window active", please do so.

Depending on the VC aircraft setting (High quality 3D panel or low) the click spots are different.

There is even a way to skip detection by telling the dll to make assumption about that, but it's best to leave it on auto-detect.

Also, if you modify that specific aircraft setting in FSX, you need to restart MCE so it can detect the new clickspots.

What I do, when using MCE flows and want to expedite them more myself (and find it quite entertaining), is to use the "notify" commands in the Vox Scripts. I use these as a "prompt" from my FO!

In the Bus, from the point of view of "click this switch and make that work", with the exception of simple light switches, all we are doing is initializing a "system". This system is then run by one of the five computers!

After all, the 'bus is really an aircraft full of computer code, run by computers, running sub routines. The 'Bus pilot really only monitors the systems during a flight. Arguably, a "systems manager":-)

Airbus are aware of the dangers of all thus automation and take steps now to ensure their crews can actually hand fly the aircraft. Even "Sully" could use the higher laws once they got the APU running:-):-)

Regards

David

I am on .193 too now and noticed that the copilot struggles a bit with the oh panel.

Make sure the dll you got is V1.0.2.5

There were a couple of other switches (no smoking and seatbelt) that broke after FSL moved to V193.

Now restored and all buttons checked working as before with this dll

http://www.multicrewxp.com/mcfslA3X.zip

Thanks Gerald, I still was running on 1.0.2.3. David, can you elaborate a bit on this "notify" commands please. I was going through the VoxScript manual but

couldn't find anything.

Thanks Peter

Peter

Thanks Gerald, I still was running on 1.0.2.3. David, can you elaborate a bit on this "notify" commands please. I was going through the VoxScript manual but

couldn't find anything.

Thanks Peter

Sure. The Notify command (menu item in the Vox Script menu GUI) works when you add a Notify line, into the Vox Script flow, all it does is have the First Officer say what you typed.

So, for example, using a Notify command, in the after start flow, "do you require the APU Captain"....will just have the FO saying that. This is a prompt for you to press the overhead APU switch.

That's a simple example. You could do an entire Notify Vox Script, in which the FO actually does nothing except prompt you to do the flow. Its rather like a checklist, but you do all the switch pressing yourself!:-)

Regards,

David

Many thanks, David. This "notify" might then help me to achieve some flows/checks which are not already there.

So for the bus I would like to create something for the t/o run.

Thrust levers go in flexdetent (copilot says "thrust set"), I say "Man Flex55 SRS Runway...NAV and A/T blue" copilot "checked". Do you

think this is achievable?

Peter

Peter

Thrust levers go in flexdetent (copilot says "thrust set"), I say "Man Flex55 SRS Runway...NAV and A/T blue" copilot "checked". Do you

think this is achievable?

Of course, anything's possible with our Vox Scripts.

I actually have this "accel flow" the other way around. I (as Captain) move thrust levers and say "Thrust set man flex srs". FO replies (after observing the FMS readouts comply) "Flex SRS, NAV AT blue", etc....or whatever your company uses for the responses. Having said that, you may find the FO will read the FMC anunciations out anyway, as they are displayed. Not sure on the FSL 'bus, certainly possible in the AS 'bus:-)

I find its better to keep the Vox Script trigger phrase short as possible, and let the "notify" be longer.:-)

Happy simming!

David

Sounds great, David, many thanks. Now I have to figure out on how to implement that into a voxscript.

Gerald, OH is now working very well, thanks to the new .dll. It seems that the copilot cannot dial the radios

anymore; he responds correctly but doesnt dial in.

Peter

Peter

Hi Gerald,

for me 1.0.2.5 still does not work. Many elements like doors and overhead panel are still inoperational. In addition there is a sporadic reset of the FCU with a message that not all FCU channels are operational yet in spite of MCE being on hard and soft mute.

I am on P3D V3.3, Windows 10, 3440x1440 screen if that is relevant.

Thanks for your support,

Dominik

I also do have some irritation as far as the FCU is concerned. Copilot pulls speed and or heading selector from managed into selected by him/herself without

announcing which has operational impact. I understand that the copilot a that moment is still figuring out on how to handle speed/heading, but I'd rather have her/him

leaving the FCU untouched. Sometimes I am not even able to push the selectors back to managed. After having done now 10 or so flights with MCE I am very happy

with that program but the above mentioned problem is the most distracting at the moment. If she/he cannot see the position of the seatbelt switch, that's ok, but changing

flightmodes unrequested is a problem.

Would be great if you could something about it.

Thanks Peter

Peter