Sign in to follow this  
Slayer

Clipmode=minimum Not appropriate for VC views

Clipmode=minimum  Is not appropriate for VC views. It's a cheap trick to improve FPS in the VC but the end result is a bunch of flashing textures and Z-fighting in the scenery outside the VC.

Clipmode = minumum is for OUTSIDE views of the aircraft where the scenery is not the main focus but the aircraft is, as it clips the textures in a very short bubble around the aircraft.

Can you guys please remove this setting from your camera view it is not right per the SDK. It's really bad with ORBX scenery.I'm really shocked that you guys copied this hack from Ezdok. it is not good. I spent a month trying to find out why P3D was having all these Z-fighting issues and flickering. 

Clip Mode should be None for VC, has been that way for years.

• Upvote 1

tpewpb-6.png

Sorry if my initial post sounds confrontational. I just want the product to work right. 

You are correct rick66, or the line is just not present at all in a VC view which results in the same thing. Clipmode = none is the same as not having the line present.

We took the knowledge we gained with the Outside views and applied in On-Board the aircraft without fully testing the effects of the Clipmode.

We will remove the entry in the next version as it causes problems with various sceneries.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

The new update is now available with the correction

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42