Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Software for Audio Channel Management?

Okay, I think this is an interesting one...

Is anyone aware of an software (or win10 setting) that is able to mute, or lower the sound of FSX when voice is transmitted by vPilot? After transmission it should go back to normal. Automaticly for sure.

This would be a big help in understanding bad transmissions when flying vatsim.

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The solution is to route FSX sounds via speakers and vPilot ATC sound via headset.

For this to work a USB headset is best because you can select it as a separate sound device in vPilot.

This is what happens in real, pilots hear aircraft sounds in the cockpit environment and ATC in their headsets the volume of which they can control independently.

The solution is to route FSX sounds via speakers and vPilot ATC sound via headset.

For this to work a USB headset is best because you can select it as a separate sound device in vPilot.

This is what happens in real, pilots hear aircraft sounds in the cockpit environment and ATC in their headsets the volume of which they can control independently.

Yes, I know that would be the best way - but I can only use my headset for all sounds due to small home and dont want to disturb family with aircraft noise (music in my ears, but you know - non sim muggles)

:-)

For several years I've been doing a lot of mixing and work with streaming audio/video specifically for online flight simulation  I place my aircraft sounds on my desktop speakers and ATC on my headset, and then I adjust sounds using Vpilot audio settings (which I often leave up on one of my monitors as different controllers have different volume levels), and I adjust aircraft sounds via the Windows Open Volume Mixer - which is a set once and you're done thing.  I see no reason why this wouldn't work very well even when all sounds are on a headset.

That said, Windows does have a feature that should help you do what you're asking for.  THIS LINK will help you set it up. 

One thing to consider is that pilots are able to hear ATC (and one another) even with the sounds of their aircraft in the background. In flight sim, some people set the volume of aircraft sounds much higher than one would experience on an actual flight deck. This is especially true for aircraft that have engines mounted at the rear of the fuselage (these flight decks are actually pretty quite compared to aircraft that have wing mounted engines.

Best wishes!