Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

landing gear lever

Hello to you all,

A quickie if I may.

I have a spare Saitek throttle quadrant which I would like to configure one lever as landing gear up/down.  I am pretty sure that it cannot be configured in the AXIS settings of FS9.1.  Is there any other way of doing it.

I do have a registered version of FSUIPC but I do not really use it, mainly because I believe you can only use either FSUIPC or the Settings menu for setting control assignments but cannot use a combination of the two.

I already have 2 x Saitek quadrants set up for twin jets ... IFLY 737 (ie speed brake, fuel cutoff, throttle, throttle, fuel cut off and flaps) Yoke, rudder pedals and trim wheel. Most of my buttons are configured, including the landing gear which is button 15.  Doing it this way however, is only a toggle and there is no physical indication that the gear is up or down.

Any help is going to be appreciated albeit I think that the short answer is "NO" and the long answer is "NO, it is not"

Regards

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Hi Tony

The answer is yes it can be done, but only through FSUIPC.

But first, it is possible to use FSUIPC for axis assignment/calibration alongside FS9 native controls, have a read through the FSUIPC user guide. Having said that, my prefered method is to program everything through FSUIPC and to select "disable joystick" in FS9. That way I can have individual set-ups for each aircraft type with different axes/buttons controlling different things when i switch aircraft. This also prevents the annoying habbit of FS9 re-assigning an axis/button which can occur if you unplug/replug the usb connector a controller between flights.

But anyway here is how you achieve what you want while still using FS9 controls:

Fiirst get the aircraft in the air at low altitude and say 210 knots (it is best to test the assignments in the air.)

Open the FSUIPC window and the axis assignment tab.Move the axis while pressing the rescan button so you can see FSUIPC is registering it. On the right you will see you can set 10 ranges for action. In range 1 move you lever to say halfway of its possible travel. click the "from" button. Then move the axis fully down and press "to". tick the up/down buttons to the right. Now tick the box to the left of where it says "control sent when range entered" and in the drop-down box select "gear down". In the box below (control sent when range exited), select "gear up". Press ok to exit the FSUIPC window.

You are done.

Now this axis will control the gear on any aircraft you have as FSUIPC defaults to general controls. If you want it to be just for the ifly 737-600 then click "aircraft specific" before you make any changes in FSUIPC. This will make the control specific to the a/c you used when setting up eg. iFly 737-600 Scandinavian Airlines taken from the aircraft.cfg file "title=" line. If you want it to work for all ifly 737-600 you will need to add a line to the FSUIPC.in file "ShortAircraftNameOk=Yes", and then also in the .ini file edit your assignment for the iFly 737-600 Scandinavian Airlines so it reads iFly 737-600

You can take this further and have one axis range to lower the gear, use a second axis range to raise the gear, and a third range ( or when second range is exited) to select the gear lever to "OFF". I use FSUIPC mouse-macros to enable this, but that is for another post.

Peter Schluter

Peter,

Thanks you so very much. I am off to Australia for three months shortly and will be seriously

separated from my sim until my return. I will then try it all out.

Again, this is extremely good news for me .... Thank you so much

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.