Sign in to follow this  
hjsmuc

KB3211320 - Performance drop

Does anyone notice performance drops after Microsoft's KB3211320 update was installed? It's a mandatory and permanent update which was pushed through two days ago.

Hans

From what I gather, this update was pushed out to address two previous updates from last October, meant to fix them.  Along with that, it contained a critical update for MS Edge.  Now, many of the sites I've been to, agree that this update is rather mysterious in nature as there aren't any clear indications of what it really does, except for a slew of users complaining that it broke something.

One suggestion, albeit a long shot, is to update your nvidia drivers, since there may be a connection between the two that should help...operative word here is should.

I cannot find any definite answer though if uninstalling the update will help, except that anywhere that it's mentioned to do it (suggestively), there is potential for bad things to happen.  A roll-back, via system restore could also help as well.

Bottom line, take your chances or ride it out until another fix emerges (if it does).

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Thanks Jim. Something is not as it was here for about two days now and the only change to the system I can find is this update. Tried different nvidia drivers already. Further investigation needed I guess. 

Hans

Yes I see...it has dropped 10 frames out of my 30 frames...I thought it was the new version of Nvidia driver..glad to see somebody experiencing the same..yes I did install the new windows update...😔😔😔

My fslabs was running at 30 fps and now it runs at 10-20 fps..😂😂😂😂

Anyway to uninstall this update??

Stupid question from a Windows newbie (I've used Mac for years), but how can I stop Windows 10 Home from installing these updates. I thought I had disabled them but it still seems to keep installing updates. 

As far as I know the only way to uninstall the update is to manually change the mum files in the /windows/servicing/packages folder. However, this may also not be a good idea as the update reportedly was a servicing stack one.

Stupid question from a Windows newbie (I've used Mac for years), but how can I stop Windows 10 Home from installing these updates. I thought I had disabled them but it still seems to keep installing updates. 

If you connect through wifi you can set the connection as "metered" in the network settings. Win 10 will then not automatically download updates. If you connect through Ethernet it is a bit more complicated, tutorial here: http://www.windowscentral.com/how-set-ethernet-connection-metered-windows-10

Hans

Thanks Hans - for stupid people like me here you go Tony - these are my two go to videos after a new install

This is a very good video also

Rich Sennett