Sign in to follow this  
LevelMind

MFRA and Acceleration Height

Hello

I'm wondering what the difference between the minimum flap retratction altitude (MFRA) and Acceleration height/altitude is.

So usually the MFRA is 1000ft (I know it may vary from Airlines), and most Airlines seems to have their acc height at 1000ft aswell, but what is the departure requires a acc height of 1500ft for example. Is the MFRA then 1500ft above ground or is it still 1000ft like usual?

Acceleration altitude is for engine failures. It is the altitude at which you begin accelerating from V2 to final segment speed.

Kevin is correct.  My acceleration altitude for engine out is usually 800 AGL.  It can change according to the airport operated out of.

Normally we lower the nose from takeoff at 1000 AGL.  It is also the same limitation for wing anti-ice on.  The flap configuration will be determined on what kind of turns and speed on the departure.

Since most planes have problems making climb gradients with flaps/slats out, you won't see the acceleration rise too high.  The point for it is to get the plane cleaned up so on the final segment it can make climb gradients.

I think there is standard acceleration and (engine) reduction altitude what depends on the company and airport procedure. EO acceleration is according to what I know separately and airport elevation plus 1000ft. A lot of airliners set this altitude as their BARO setting as a reminder.