Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

Unable to File a Flight Plan

Here is a link to a standard FSX flightplan

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18232425/KCMH-KCLT.pln

I follow these steps

1. Load the above flightplan using the default Lear 45 at parking 5 on Jan 29, 2017 at 14:55z

2. Start P2A and connect to FSX.

3. Import flightplan, change gs to 430, and  change descent to 1800.

4. Click Validate

At this point all has gone as expected. Plan validates (box is green)

5. Click file  --  At this point I get the spinning wheel and it doesn't go away.  Have to shut down P2A

To the best of my knowledge, I have no add on scenery for either airport.  Other flights have worked OK.  This problem occurs, at least, with versions 2.2.0.2 and 2.2.0.3

Any suggestions?

Tom

Hi TJ.

Thanks for the report.

I just followed your steps and it took about 3 seconds for the Filing of the Flight Plan.

I did have to add an approach because filing without an approach for IFR gave me an error.  I selected the ISL to RW 23 with the JEPHS transition.

What approach were you using?

I also was using P3D instead of FSX, but that shouldn't make any difference.

Dave

I didn't have an approach.  I don't include SID, STARS or approaches in my flight plans.  I wait for them to be assigned by ATC.  I'll check to see if adding an approach fixes my problem, but I hope that this is not a requirement of P2A.

Tom

Adding an approach seems to have worked.  However, I must select the approach before I connect to FSX.  If I connect first, I get the spinning wheel and the approach choices never appear.

Tom

You can file without an Approach selected as long as you have the "ATC Assigns Approach" option checked.  When you do this, it takes longer for the Filing (mine took 10 seconds or so and I was connected) because P2A is calculating the Approach as it files.

The spinning wheel means the process is working.  How long are you waiting? 

I suspect it is just taking a long time for these calculations on your PC so it seems like P2A is not working.  You might want to check your Task Manager for CPU and Memory usage when you press the File button without an Approach Specified and see if they are high. 

Also, there was a change in 2.2.0.3 that could be causing these calculations to take longer.  I am modifying that in 2.2.0.4 so it might help alleviate the problem you're having.

Regards,

Dave