Sign in to follow this  
wijnand

Options for PH-BFT

Hello guys,

According to this picture:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/KLM-Royal-Dutch-Airlines/Boeing-747-406M/618907/L?qsp=eJwljTEOwjAQBP%2BydSgQUop0wAOg4AOHfcQRgbPOJ4EV5e9cTDealWYXBHkbf%2B1WM2NAYdKQ0CGT0qtgWPDk%2BhGNzshpd3/YtiYxOZPxKFox9B2KqJ0cEd0eQ%2BBsHPH3F42s28QltPToV3sH1mtjHHr3cSp5ptZgo2nGuv4ABGo1JA%3D%3D

the KLM combi (in this case, PH-BFT) has:

- no Captain's RMI
- no taxi lights

- Automatic anti-ice  system.

The picture was taken in 2004, twelve years ago,si I was wondering if KLM has made any hardeware-changes over the years, or is it simply a mistake in the options (they are verified)?

Congratulations guys, 

Great release. It is the first time that I read the introduction manual completely in one evening. (For Kyle: yes, it really happens!! Some people do read it!  :smile:)

Plane parked at the gate F35 in EHAM, external power connected, playing around with the options.

Looked at the clock, it was 1 am I thought it was still 11 PM!! (time flies when your are having fun!!)

Regards from Holland and thank you all for this great contribution to our hobby,

Wijnand Lindelauf (EHAM)

I don't know who verified the klm options, but there seem to be some more mistakes. (my info is a couple of years old) The real plane:

No yoke checklist

No yoke memory thing

Flight control check on engine page

Old fashioned backup instruments

Ballast system installed (but never used)

No taxi lights

No glareshield ptt

No rmi

Auto anti ice

If I remember correctly the Boeing radios

A 40 feet callout upon landing (2500,1000,500,100,50-10)

No automatic v1 callout

Pnf calls v1 vr and positive rate

That's of the top of my head. When I get home I can share my configuration file with you if you want.

The picture was taken in 2004, twelve years ago,si I was wondering if KLM has made any hardeware-changes over the years, or is it simply a mistake in the options (they are verified)?

I don't know who verified the klm options, but there seem to be some more mistakes. (my info is a couple of years old) The real plane:

I appreciate you guys pointing this out, but at the same time, we verify the options based on the absolute latest information for the aircraft, and not several years old (unless it's like the UAL liveries, where we even simulated the changes in the plane over the years with the different liveries). So if your data is a few years old, my bet is that things have changed.

You're welcome to submit a ticket and have Ryan take a look, but if it's verified, I'm inclined to believe what we've set up. We don't accept any casual information (someone can't just look at pictures online, since they don't show all of the options that we simulate) when we verify. It's usually directly sourced somehow.

Kyle Rodgers

BTW, are the non-confirmed panel liveries an approximation of the actual configurations? Or they are just like the PMDG default?

I understand Kyle. I'm on a different aircraft nowadays but until 3 years ago the plane was configured the way I explained. I'm pretty sure not much has changed since (as they are planned to be phased out in a couple of years).

I understand Kyle. I'm on a different aircraft nowadays but until 3 years ago the plane was configured the way I explained. I'm pretty sure not much has changed since (as they are planned to be phased out in a couple of years).

I wouldn't imagine they'd change much, but if you have a way to verify things up to the current time, just send a ticket and we'll have a look at the data you send.

Kyle Rodgers