Sign in to follow this  
PoeDameron

PMDG 747-400v3 QOTS II Repaint Thread

4 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Will standard non pbr repaints still with the latest pbr enabled update from PMDG.... 747 400s ?

Most repaints will work fine as it is. The only ones you'd really have issues with are the ones that consist of bare metal. Those would need to be updated in order to look good with PBR.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

No you're misunderstanding me.

First, there was the PMDG 747 QOTS with no PBR.

Second, many liveries and repaints were made for it.

Everyone enjoyed them.

Third, PMDG released an update that supported PBR along with updates of the stock liveries, which supported PBR.

I ask this .... will the old liveries that are not PBRd..... work normally ? Also, wll any liveries made by 3rd parties - now or in the future - that do NOT included PBR, work with the latest version ?

Edited by Gabe777

51 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

No you're misunderstanding me.

First, there was the PMDG 747 QOTS with no PBR.

Second, many liveries and repaints were made for it.

Everyone enjoyed them.

Third, PMDG released an update that supported PBR along with updates of the stock liveries, which supported PBR.

I ask this .... will the old liveries that are not PBRd..... work normally ? Also, wll any liveries made by 3rd parties - now or in the future - that do NOT included PBR, work with the latest version ?

No, I understood exactly what you were asking. As I said, most repaints will work fine as it is. The only ones you'd really have issues with are the ones that consist of bare metal. Those would need to be updated in order to look good with PBR. I know this because my own livery was around before PBR was around, and it worked fine after the update to PBR came around. I didn't have to do anything with my livery in order to get it to work because there's no bare metal on my livery. So....if the livery you're trying to use doesn't have bare metal on it, it'll work fine without you having to do anything to get it to work with PBR. If the livery you're trying to use has bare metal on it, whoever painted the livery is going to have to do some work on it in order to get it to work properly. I don't know which third party liveries you're trying to use, so I can't assume anything, hence my response.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

No.... still no.

I do not want PBR effects......

But I do want the latest updates that are not related to PBR.

So given PBR requires more thaan just texture adjustments, the question restated.... is 'will non-pbr liveries' still work OK with latest PMDG updates, but simply not show any PBR effects'.

I should have been clearer.

I do not like PBR. Period. And I wish to use older liveries but take advantage of the other updated features in the latest updates.

Cheers.

Yeah, it wasn't exactly clear before what you were trying to ask. In any event, there's no choice in the matter. The latest update included PBR along with other things and fixes. There are just far too many models of the 747 available to be able to maintain both PBR and non-PBR models.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg