Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chok

A couple of questions/issues

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Captain Kevin said:

Unfortunately I'm out of ideas since the only way to get the update at the present time is via the Operation Center.

Are you PMDG support?

I guess just by launching OC and selecting the 747 V3 to find options and if I see there is an update available then why I don't get notification to proceed with?


Patricio Valdes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Are you PMDG support?

Negative, I am not. This is the user forum. Anybody can post here. If you only wish to contact PMDG support, you'll need to submit a support ticket with them.


Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Negative, I am not. This is the user forum. Anybody can post here. If you only wish to contact PMDG support, you'll need to submit a support ticket with them.

I see .... many thanks for trying to help me on this. Check to see from my shot http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/Gpps I don't know what to do next or how to make the update success.

I will find out how to send support ticket, never did. Thanks again


Patricio Valdes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go here:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/

Create account, then submit support ticket. Your second option is to go to the Operations Center folder and delete everything EXCEPT the Operations Center Updater. Looks like that folder by default is C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center. After you do that, run the Operations Center Updater and it should put everything back. Then try to run the Operations Center and see if it fixes it. Try that first, if that doesn't work, submit a support ticket.


Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Go here:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/

Create account, then submit support ticket. Your second option is to go to the Operations Center folder and delete everything EXCEPT the Operations Center Updater. Looks like that folder by default is C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center. After you do that, run the Operations Center Updater and it should put everything back. Then try to run the Operations Center and see if it fixes it. Try that first, if that doesn't work, submit a support ticket.

I think is resolved now. I found from OC settings the option "Automatic Check For Updates" was deselected. As soon as I activated on it......voila! it was success.

Many thanks for your help.

Now I have to deal with Autopilot which disengage after a few seconds of takeoff and alarm sounds. I press Autopilot again but it works only momentarily and disengage again.......nah! it's weird. It doesn't do that with PMDG 777 and 737 NGX. Any ideas?


Patricio Valdes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your hardware is sending spikes, that could cause it to disengage the autopilot. Check the intro manual, you can either increase your null zones or set it, so the controls are disabled when the autopilot is on. Both of those can be adjusted in the simulation settings in the FMC.


Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Kevin said:

If your hardware is sending spikes, that could cause it to disengage the autopilot. Check the intro manual, you can either increase your null zones or set it, so the controls are disabled when the autopilot is on. Both of those can be adjusted in the simulation settings in the FMC.

I see ... but I use the joystick Logitech wingman Force 3D without AC power for effects. The autopilot disengages only in 747 V3. It doesn't with the others PMDG planes including the Level-D....no issues with autopilot. Only the 747 V3 .... that's weird. I will see what I get from FMC settings as you say. Lot of thanks.......


Patricio Valdes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any pilot here does have an issue related with PFD?

PMDG 747 v3 green number sign won't advance on the speed tape of the PFD while descending to approach..

Example, from the PFD as you pass the small green 5 on your speed tape, select FLAPS 5 right?

Mine it doesn't advance the green number sign. What to do?


Patricio Valdes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I have on the center above Pedestal a black square between the 2 FMC. How to activate such black square?


Patricio Valdes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Also, I have on the center above Pedestal a black square between the 2 FMC. How to activate such black square?

That would be the lower EICAS screen. On the right side of the MCP, next to the autopilot master switches, you have a series of buttons that control what page displays on the lower EICAS screen. Click one. Normally, you'd want the engine page, but if you wanted to check the status of the doors or hydraulics or something, you could do that.


Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

That would be the lower EICAS screen. On the right side of the MCP, next to the autopilot master switches, you have a series of buttons that control what page displays on the lower EICAS screen. Click one. Normally, you'd want the engine page, but if you wanted to check the status of the doors or hydraulics or something, you could do that.

Yeah! .... found it "Status" key pressed and then realized it is the EICAS. Many thanks to Captain Kevin.


Patricio Valdes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now, wonder why PMDG 747 v3 green number sign won't advance on the speed tape from the PFD gauge while descending to approach......


Patricio Valdes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Now, wonder why PMDG 747 v3 green number sign won't advance on the speed tape from the PFD gauge while descending to approach......

 

11 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

I'm not sure what it is you're asking here.

Maybe he's referring to the flap speeds? 


LABOX4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...