Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chok

A couple of questions/issues

16 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

I'm not sure what it is you're asking here.

OK, after LOC and APP the PFD tells me when is time to set flaps via green (magenta should I say??) sign on the speed tape. What happen is such green # doesn't advance from down to up so when I see the "arrow" on the middle then is time to set the flap 1, 5, 10, 20, 25 etc.

I tried again last night and worked properly but I don't know why that happened. I might missed something.

Patricio Valdes

2 hours ago, trisho0 said:

I might missed something.

You may have missed setting the V-ref,  something I do as part of the pre-descent flow but have found I missed when trying to do too many things at once.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yep, flaps speed and resolved.

Now, I am trying to find the extensions for the PMDG 747 V3 to add them. Where to purchase?

Patricio Valdes

1 hour ago, trisho0 said:

Now, I am trying to find the extensions for the PMDG 747 V3 to add them. Where to purchase?

If by extensions, you mean the -8 expansion, that is not available as of yet. Going to be a while before that gets released from what I understand. If you're talking about liveries, in the Operations Center, you have the livery downloader and livery manager when you select the 747.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

17 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

If by extensions, you mean the -8 expansion, that is not available as of yet. Going to be a while before that gets released from what I understand. If you're talking about liveries, in the Operations Center, you have the livery downloader and livery manager when you select the 747.

I know about liveries and not what I am talking about.

If extension 8/8F is not available yet then why is available their update and where to apply it? Extension package not available but updates.....weird!

Patricio Valdes

37 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

If extension 8/8F is not available yet then why is available their update and where to apply it? Extension package not available but updates.....weird!

Not sure what you're referring to here. It's not available to be updated. It's not available at all.

Kyle Rodgers

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 1:09 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Not sure what you're referring to here. It's not available to be updated. It's not available at all.

I found the update from http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/updates.html

The update is for 747-400X -8 Extension SP1 so, where is such extension? Not sure if for the 747 version 3.

Patricio Valdes

2 hours ago, trisho0 said:

The update is for 747-400X -8 Extension SP1

As it says right there, it's for the 400X, i.e. v2, not the current v3.

Walter Meier

6 hours ago, trisho0 said:

The update is for 747-400X -8 Extension SP1 so, where is such extension? Not sure if for the 747 version 3.

As Walter said, it isn't. The -400X is the V2. The Queen of the Skies II would be the V3.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Oops! so, we have to wait for PMDG to see 747 V3 extensions available sometime later. Thanks Pilots

Patricio Valdes

Another question here.... I noticed from 747 V3 virtual cockpit shows kind of shadow on both sides of center windshield column. Is that normal?

Patricio Valdes

The shadow from the sides of middle cockpit column from top to down is what I am asking about. Is it normal? It doesn't show that on 747 V2.

Patricio Valdes

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.