Sign in to follow this  
ahuimanu

DisablePreload and the PMDG Introduction Manual

Hello.

On page 0.00.34 of the introduction manual for P3D, under the "Known P3D'isms TO AVOID" section, there is advice to NOT load a default cessna or F35 prior to loading the PMDG 747 Queen of the Skies II as the default flight loads in the background. This section of the manual says:

"What is required ... is for a default aircraft to be your default startup flight in P3D.  The reason for this is that this flight actually loads in the background invisible to the user – if it’s set to a complex addon it can result in the inability to set certain internal variables that the 747 relies on until the simulator is restarted."

However, I also read on this support forum that DisablePreload can save on VAS.  So, would the DisablePreload setting conflict with this?  I know this subject is mentioned in the "known issues" thread here, so I am asking here.

Thanks.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

However, I also read on this support forum that DisablePreload can save on VAS.  So, would the DisablePreload setting conflict with this?  I know this subject is mentioned in the "known issues" thread here, so I am asking here.

DisablePreload is only an issue in FSX and FSX:SE, which is why it's left out of the P3D intro. (Pertaining to the 744, anyway.)

Kyle Rodgers

DisablePreload is only an issue in FSX and FSX:SE, which is why it's left out of the P3D intro. (Pertaining to the 744, anyway.)

Just to confirm, the only issue you know of with FSX's "DisablePreload" is the landing light splashes on the external model? nothing else?

Just to confirm, the only issue you know of with FSX's "DisablePreload" is the landing light splashes on the external model? nothing else?

Yes. Having it enabled *may* also increase the VAS load just because you're effectively loading a flight and scenery that you may not actually use in the background as the sim loads.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi, thanks for clarifying, I will leave the setting alone.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.