Sign in to follow this  
Sethos1988

If any Rivatuner Statistics Server users experience stutters

Hey,

After many hours of troubleshooting a nasty stutter I had, I finally figured out why. 

Basically, every time I ran my mouse over anything clickable, whether it be buttons, switches, MFDs, it would stutter. If I did it quickly, my FPS would drop down to sub-10. Then I realised, Rivatuner was the cause. Never had any problems with it before but this time, it was the culprit. Closed it down and stutters gone. 

For anyone unaware, RTSS is used for capping framerate. It's usually less performance intensive and more accurate than something like Nvidia Inspector but this time, it wasn't the best tool.

So if you use this combination and experience stutters, it's worth a shot. 

Just a friendly heads-up

Regards

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am actually using it to cap the fps and I'm experiencing something similar to what you describe. I'll try to close it on my next flight and report back. Thanks for the heads up, Michael!

Regards,

Fabrizio

On 2/4/2017 at 2:22 PM, Sethos1988 said:

Hey,

After many hours of troubleshooting a nasty stutter I had, I finally figured out why. 

Basically, every time I ran my mouse over anything clickable, whether it be buttons, switches, MFDs, it would stutter. If I did it quickly, my FPS would drop down to sub-10. Then I realised, Rivatuner was the cause. Never had any problems with it before but this time, it was the culprit. Closed it down and stutters gone. 

For anyone unaware, RTSS is used for capping framerate. It's usually less performance intensive and more accurate than something like Nvidia Inspector but this time, it wasn't the best tool.

So if you use this combination and experience stutters, it's worth a shot. 

Just a friendly heads-up

Regards

You dah man, Sethos.:laugh: I was having mouse movement related stutters with P3d V4 and was wracking my brain trying to isolate the cause. Then I saw this thread and I uninstalled RivaTuner Statistics Server (which gets launched silently by MSI Afterburner). Even though I didn't have a frame limit set for P3d, RTSS must have been doing something else to mess with P3d. Once I uninstalled RTSS, the mouse-related stuttering disappeared and not only that, I ended up with less variable frame rates (??).