Sign in to follow this  
gnomegemini

Visible payload on 400F and max ZFW

Hi there,

I see payload on the 400F when I select max or random payload. But I don't see any freight when entering weight's manually. Is this intended that this is only working when switching random or max? Does the freight gets visible when preselecting manually and then using ground ops?

Second question: max value give's a ZFS of 631k LBS. Is this right? The ERF gets only 611k LBS which should be the correct value for 400F? And are the weight values really the same for all 3 engine types?

Hope someon can clarify.

Thanks,

Stefan

I'm also curious about this. The FCOM on page L.10.2 (78) shows 610,000lbs for max ZFW. The CDU payload page shows 635,000 max ZFW when load level is 100%. I attempted a search and this post was the only thing I came upon.

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck Biggins

What I've noticed is if you click max, you'll get the payload to appear. If you click empty, it'll disappear. If you click random, it's random. Try clicking random a few times, and you'll see it randomly appear and disappear. I think when you make a manual entry, it goes with whatever was there before. So in other words, if it was there before, I don't think it would just disappear....but then I could be wrong.

As for zero fuel weight, I'm pulling up the Boeing documentation that I got from their website years back, and it appears as though depending on the maximum take-off weight, the -400F could have either a zero fuel weight of 610,000 pounds (maximum take-off weight up to 850,000 pounds) of 635,000 pounds (maximum take-off weight up to 875,000 pounds). The -400ERF has a maximum zero fuel weight of 611,000 pounds. Why this is the case, I have no idea.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Payload becomes visible in any compartment (fore/aft/bulk/main) when you load more than 30% of the compartment's maximum weight capacity.

• Upvote 1

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg