Sign in to follow this  
Gabster

Water and Night Lights shimmer and flicker

Hey there,

I have 2 strange problems. My water is shimmering and it looks like a layer over it is moving in waves. Same with night lights in the distance.Looks like when recording an very old Screen with a video camera. Something like that...

I am not sure what setting or add on might be responsible. I did notice this shimmering and flickering some days ago the first time and did not change much before. I think there was an update to something like "Object flow".

Water:

Night Lights:

Has Anyone an idea what might cause it? For now I did reset my cfg & shaders, restored textures with REX Back up. I have ASN & FTX running. Nvidia setting are default.

I also see this on some surfaces in the cockpit. Its like a shadow overlay that moves like a carousel fast from left to right, then stops and moves from right to left...

Here is another video showing the flickering sun effects on water and cockpit surface. Also shadows of mountains on the water are jumping arround.

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution to this problem cause its really bugging me??

Thanks

There is a recent thread on this exact topic.

Use 4 or 8xMSAA, and turn off dynamic lighting.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

6 minutes ago, Mace said:

There is a recent thread on this exact topic.

Use 4 or 8xMSAA, and turn off dynamic lighting.

Thanks for the reccomendation but this hasn't fixed my problem. Any other suggestions? 

Jim Young's suggestions (3rd comment down) worked well for me in curbing most of my shimmering.

Hello, 

I've continued to battle with this problem for the best part of about a year now and still can't find any solution. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.