Sign in to follow this  
MehdiAli

FSUIPC yoke calibration

Anyone have any tips on how to make your FSUIPC calibration for elevator and Alirons (i know i spelt that wrong) more accurate with real life. from what i have heard X plane has way better physics and because i have tried the demo its WAAAYYY more sensitive than P3D so is it possible to replicate that via FSUIPC? Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Anyone have any tips on how to make your FSUIPC calibration for elevator and Alirons (i know i spelt that wrong) more accurate with real life. from what i have heard X plane has way better physics and because i have tried the demo its WAAAYYY more sensitive than P3D so is it possible to replicate that via FSUIPC? Thanks!

Elevator and ailerons shouldn't be too sensitive unless you are flying an aerobatic aircraft. Anyway, there are videos on Youtube on setting up FSUIPC. 

Assuming your talking about P3D, which I don't have, here is how I did it in FSX. It should be the same.

After trying to solve this for a long time using the Siatek Pro yoke, I turned my attention to the aircraft file, and came to the conclusion that there must be something wrong there.  Long story short, I changed a few things in the aircraft cfg.  I will use the default C172 to demonstrate.

In the [airplane_geometry] section only look for the following;-

elevator_up_limit       = 28.0                  //Degrees
elevator_down_limit     = 21.0                  //Degrees
aileron_up_limit        = 20.0                  //Degrees
aileron_down_limit      = 15.0                  //Degrees
rudder_limit            = 24.0                  //Degrees

After experimenting, I found that, it you reduce the numbers by 30%, the aircraft will still stall at the correct speeds but handles more like a C172 than a fighter jet.

elevator_up_limit       = 19.5 //28.0           //Degrees
elevator_down_limit     = 14.7 //21.0           //Degrees
aileron_up_limit        = 14 //20.0             //Degrees
aileron_down_limit      = 10.5 //15.0           //Degrees
rudder_limit            = 16.8 //24.0           //Degrees

Now, this is fine if you are training and need to learn stalls, as require in the real world, but this is a simulator, and as I see it, once you have learned about stalls, you try to stay away from them unless your a stunt or fighter pilot. You need to learn how to control direction, altitude and speed, and given that most controllers are not exact replicas of there real world counter parts, then a few adjustments are required to help make hand flying more realistic.  I personally use between 40% to 60% off, depending of the aircraft.

These are just my personnal views, and I don't wish to force them on anyone. This is the way I enjoy my flight sim.

Hope that helps.

Rich

Assuming your talking about P3D, which I don't have, here is how I did it in FSX. It should be the same.

After trying to solve this for a long time using the Siatek Pro yoke, I turned my attention to the aircraft file, and came to the conclusion that there must be something wrong there.  Long story short, I changed a few things in the aircraft cfg.  I will use the default C172 to demonstrate.

In the [airplane_geometry] section only look for the following;-

elevator_up_limit       = 28.0                  //Degrees

elevator_down_limit     = 21.0                  //Degrees

aileron_up_limit        = 20.0                  //Degrees

aileron_down_limit      = 15.0                  //Degrees

rudder_limit            = 24.0                  //Degrees

After experimenting, I found that, it you reduce the numbers by 30%, the aircraft will still stall at the correct speeds but handles more like a C172 than a fighter jet.

elevator_up_limit       = 19.5 //28.0           //Degrees

elevator_down_limit     = 14.7 //21.0           //Degrees

aileron_up_limit        = 14 //20.0             //Degrees

aileron_down_limit      = 10.5 //15.0           //Degrees

rudder_limit            = 16.8 //24.0           //Degrees

Now, this is fine if you are training and need to learn stalls, as require in the real world, but this is a simulator, and as I see it, once you have learned about stalls, you try to stay away from them unless your a stunt or fighter pilot. You need to learn how to control direction, altitude and speed, and given that most controllers are not exact replicas of there real world counter parts, then a few adjustments are required to help make hand flying more realistic.  I personally use between 40% to 60% off, depending of the aircraft.

These are just my personnal views, and I don't wish to force them on anyone. This is the way I enjoy my flight sim.

Hope that helps.

Rich

Rgr that thanks for your input :D

Easiest way to do the Axis calibration is to calibrate it using the normal method, and then incorporate a positive slope on the axis you are tweaking in FSUIPC. I normally only do it on the elevator, which is too sensitive normally in FS and P3D around neutral, , making it twitchy when trying to flare A slope of plus 4 on all the A2A GA aircraft I fly including the Lockheed constellation works perfectly, and the response is very similar to a real aircraft. 

Easiest way to do the Axis calibration is to calibrate it using the normal method, and then incorporate a positive slope on the axis you are tweaking in FSUIPC. I normally only do it on the elevator, which is too sensitive normally in FS and P3D around neutral, , making it twitchy when trying to flare A slope of plus 4 on all the A2A GA aircraft I fly including the Lockheed constellation works perfectly, and the response is very similar to a real aircraft. 

What have you got on the 777?

What have you got on the 777?

No 777, I have 737, same thing in elevator setting. 

If you have a CH Yolk, check out this mod.  It made a big difference for me.