Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

Poor Graphic performance. stuttering. need an advice

Hello all,

Really bad, have only ORBX SoCal as addon, and with decent spec I should be able get everything smooth, (had it before with my AMD 6 years old Rig) 

System runs steady 30FPS with no issue.

Spec: Intel: i5-4690K GPU: EVGA GTX970 Ram: 8GB. FSX-S runs on secondary SSD Drive.

Followed the tweak on the Steam forum

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=359111682

Not a tech savvy hence all NV Inspector terminology & phraseology are meaningless to me, so I guess I'll need a good mentor that will guide me ...lol

Anyway, since  I have no clue where to even start, any help will be highly appreciated 

Yair   

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I also tweaked my fsx with this guide... all I can say is to completely ignore the nvidia inspector part of it! It made my game look awful, and lowered my performance. If you just do the config file part, you will gain about 5 fps. Also, I have orbx ftx global installed, so our installations of fsx are pretty similar :)

..K. now  how to get read of the inspector setup setup ? 

Reg.

Yair

BTW

frame rates are not the issue, it is the terrible stuttering

Stutters are generally caused by overloading the system. Cutting back on the eye candy is your primary strategy for fixing it. I know that's probably not what you want to hear but it is what it is.

This steam guide isn't very good, imo. Try the guide here on avsim instead.

I would set mesh resolution to 10 or 5 at the most. Orbx recommends 10 or 5 if you have orbx airports installed. But you can go lower.

Set water to 2xlow

Turn off shadows

Turn down autogen to normal

Reduce traffic - turn off cars, they're performance killers

Start there before messing with the config.

..K. now  how to get read of the inspector setup setup ? 

Reg.

Yair

BTW

frame rates are not the issue, it is the terrible stuttering

To get rid of the inspector setup, open up the page to change settings for fsx just like you did in the guide, then look at the bar on near the top of the application (the bar with a ton of icons) and select the icon that says reset changes when you mouse over it. Once the changes have reverted back, click apply, then exit. All of the chnages have been undone.

I

This steam guide isn't very good, imo. Try the guide here on avsim instead.

Completely agree with Andre - Use the AVSIM guide.  8x SGSS?  With a GTX970?  Me don't think so.   :nea:

Also, did you purchase Steve's DX10 fixer?  If you didn't and use DX10 mode you're going to have some serious issues.  

OK. so I got and followed the AVSIM tweaking guide and  things are much much better, however, there are still some anomalies like:

• The Taxiways side line are broken
  •  
  • Instrument Pane and GPS Display in particular is kind of shimmering and smeared   
  •  
  • In the not so fare distance things like building are flickering (but only when I'm inside the Cockpit)

I'm sure it's kind of fine tuning but I have no clue how to approach it

Any ideas ??

Thanks for all the help an support 

Yair

The Taxiways side line are broken

Instrument Pane and GPS Display in particular is kind of shimmering and smeared

In the not so fare distance things like building are flickering (but only when I'm inside the Cockpit)

Taxiways - don't know. I suggest posting a screenshot

Shimmering and flickering sounds like an Nvidia issue. Check your anisothrophic filtering options and LOD bias settings. Although, sometimes addon airports flicker on my system. I simply gave up on trying to fix it.

Here's a link to Nick's old Nvidia guide for DX9. Still applies, I think

http://www.simforums.com/forums/drivers-nv-inspector-fsxcfg-complete-guide_topic36586.html

.. I used it. Antway I found out that using "8X Spare Grid Supersampling" bring cure, but then it crashing my Rig with ntdll.dll, so Iguss I will leave it with 4X and maybe later try to OC my Rig a bit and try again with 8X

Reg,