Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Auto Throttle - Speed Q

I have crashed the 747  a few times when landing.. cause the A/T - Speed button turns off on approach.

What is the difference in the 747 vs 777? in the 777 when I am doing manual approach to land, I set  the speed at a  landing speed and until I touch down the A/T remains.. however in the 747, some times I notice the A/T Speed button has disengaged by itself and I do not notice it and crash land.

What am I doing wrong?

32442347720_44ded7adba_k.jpg

Another situation.. loook at that screenshot.. I have the A/T on, the SPD indicator is on and I am about to stall but the throttle is at the firewall ( not visivile in the screen shot) but the ending is not revved up.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Have you looked at doing the intro flight yet?

I believe the OP would be a good candidate for doing the tutorial flight and reviewing the Introduction Manual. It looks like he got in the plane, lowered the flaps and took off. It looks like the CDU/FMC has not been touched.

I believe the OP would be a good candidate for doing the tutorial flight and reviewing the Introduction Manual. It looks like he got in the plane, lowered the flaps and took off. It looks like the CDU/FMC has not been touched.

Good Guess!

:Tounge:

I figured it was something I did or did not do.. I did all the 747 tutorial flight with the original 747 in FS9. 

:smile:

This is how I fly the 777 too and I do not have this issue .. (I know..Guilty as charged and I hang my head in shame).. But the few hours I get to fly the sim. I tend to do this and manually go land somewhere close.. 

Manny

I figured it was something I did or did not do..

I can't figure out how you got into CRZ thrust mode at 500'. When did you arm the autothrottle? Before or after takeoff?

1.2 EPR is definitely not a normal thrust limit value for CRZ. Even in CRZ mode, you should get much more thrust.

The 777 is not *that* different from the 747-400  :Tounge:

Cheers

John H Watson

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

but the ending is not revved up.

This is not a 777.  Your engines are as "revved up" as they're going to get because your ERP limit is 1.2 and that is because the FMC is not set up.  You are on the back side of the power curve and you are going to either stall unless you drop the nose. Good grief man.

Dan Downs KCRP

I can tell you that if I was called to save a flight by taking control mid air,.. I'd probably crash it! LOL :)

anyway..thanks guys.. it was too long ago when I did the proper flight on the PMDG 747.. I need to retrain myself properly.

Manny