Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jahanzaib

FSX-SE
FPS Drop while clouds are visible.

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

Recently I started getting a very strange problem that I never had before. Whenever I am able to see clouds or above/in clouds, I get like a 10 FPS drop. It was fine before I reinstalled my FSX. I run exact same settings as before and use default weather engine. I get about 20 fps on ground but when I'm in air and clouds are visible it drops to like 10 fps. Pls help. Any help would be appreciated.

Thx

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Are you using "Detailed Clouds"?  Maybe uncheck that and turn down the cloud draw distance.

Before My cloud Drawn Distance was max as well as the density. now I out draw distance less than half way and Density to medium. Much lower settings but fps drop.

Clouds place a fairly large burden on the CPU.  Higher density cloud cover, longer cloud draw range, and higher resolution weather textures all contribute to the load on the CPU.  Another factor is the water setting.  1X Low is the fastest, but as you go higher on the water settings, you introduce wave animations and more detail, then the 2X settings introduce reflections, which can really bring down the performance of FSX.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0