Sign in to follow this  
caaront

How do you see the threads you are active in now?

How do you see the threads you are active in?

They are not showing up in my content, or when I click on forums, the way it did.

I hope it is still being worked on, because there are so many sub, and sub sub of a sub forums that keeping track of more than two daily topics you are interested in would be impossible, unless all you have to do is sit and manually browse through the forums all day.

I go to the forums about .05% of the time, I have always just clicked on the forum title up top, and would browse through the most recent posts that would be there on the right, and the posts I am active in on the left.

That is as far as browsing I guess, the few times I do have an actual issue I can find a few of the forums easy enough, but some threads you might never find again without having it there when you come to the site.

Like VR threads, they are in HC, Monitors, and a couple of other places, and there are many threads I've read because they were active and one click away from the main page, that had an address list 3-4 forums deep, I'd never find them searching manually.

Can we please get a VR forum?

Thank you.

Aaron Tirrell

Sorry, but derogatory comments aren't going to make things better.  I understand why AVSIM modernized the forum, and it was about time.  Some folks, as I see it, fear change, and I can symapthize.  With a little time and patience, it's not really that difficult to finding your way around. 

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

What I mean is yesterday being to see trending topics, and posts you're following in 2 clicks: Avsim, then forums, and there they were, you're activity on the left, popular recent threads on the right.

Now, to see what you used to in two clicks from anywhere on the internet will take you hours of searching the forums.

Aaron Tirrell

5 minutes ago, caaront said:

What I mean is yesterday being to see trending topics, and posts you're following in 2 clicks: Avsim, then forums, and there they were, you're activity on the left, popular recent threads on the right.

Now, to see what you used to in two clicks from anywhere on the internet will take you hours of searching the forums.

There is a Recent Topics section on the right hand side of the AVSIM mainpage.  After getting an email notification of your response in this thread, I easily went to that Recent Topics section, saw the thread title, clicked on it and there I was.  Two clicks still seems about right.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit