Sign in to follow this  
DaveCT2003

PACSIM Salt Lake City (KSLC) Scenery Review

Friends,

I purchased the PACSIM KSLC scenery last weekend, and I'll have a formal product review (not suggesting it's an AVSIM Review, but rather a review from an experienced flight simmer) later this week.

If you're considering purchasing this scenery, I would definitely hold off until the review is completed.

My very best wishes!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Too late for me.  Not impressed.  Meh.  Flashing textures all over terminals, etc.  Meh.

Ilya

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

Yeah, I have to agree.  It's a purchase that I'm pretty unhappy with myself, thus putting in the time and effort to write a review just isn't worth it.

In my opinion, I prefer the REX WW Airports HD Salt Lake City Textures to the PACSIM KSLC.  One can also use the freeware area scenery from BlueSky, which is a winning combination.

The PACSIM KSLC Airport textures are very lackluster and they don't appear to be anything remotely close to HD and some look very poor to me.  The only plus to this is that this scenery has little or no impact on frame rates and very little impact on VAS usage, even with the airport surrounding area being provided. But for the cost of about $36.00 U.S. it left me highly disappointed.

I tried to contact PACSIM via their publishes customer support email address several times, and not once did they respond to me. This makes me question the level of support anyone might receive should they need it.  Additionally, their forums are offline.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I completely agree with you Dave.  This support is basically non-existent and their forums are offline just about 24/7.  They used to have some decent products but I think they've gone down the tubes of late.  I will try the REX WW HD version first as I own the package and its a free add-on.  I've used the BlueSky in the past but want to try what REX looks like before going back down that path.

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:28 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Yeah, I have to agree.  It's a purchase that I'm pretty unhappy with myself, thus putting in the time and effort to write a review just isn't worth it.

In my opinion, I prefer the REX WW Airports HD Salt Lake City Textures to the PACSIM KSLC.  One can also use the freeware area scenery from BlueSky, which is a winning combination.

The PACSIM KSLC Airport textures are very lackluster and they don't appear to be anything remotely close to HD and some look very poor to me.  The only plus to this is that this scenery has little or no impact on frame rates and very little impact on VAS usage, even with the airport surrounding area being provided. But for the cost of about $36.00 U.S. it left me highly disappointed.

I tried to contact PACSIM via their publishes customer support email address several times, and not once did they respond to me. This makes me question the level of support anyone might receive should they need it.  Additionally, their forums are offline.

Dave,

The KSLC product has been out since January and tons of folks have already bought the product since. AirdailyX has done a live stream review feed and a Dutch and German sites will be posting theirs soon. There are videos of the product already done by folks on their own volition to show what the product looks like on youtube. You are just as welcome to write your review - if it is worth your time and effort, however I ask that you write your opinion piece based on fair, unbiased and objective manner so that I can see the issues you are unhappy with and try improve on. I saw your comments from another thread where you stated that "REX is also slowly producing replacement textures for 40 FSX Enhanced Airports - the first was Salt Lake and it rivals (or may even be better) than the recently released PACSIM KSLC.." That statement does not provide me or anyone with any insightful reasons why you don't like KSLC. You are comparing oranges to apples here. If you are after default HD replacement textures then REX is your go-to guys. If you want immersive simming experience that includes the whole Salt Lake City downtown buildings, helipads, autogened suburbs, realistic landmarks, custom ground textures, realistic custom buildings, the whole Salt Lake valley and mountains running north-south with custom (seasoned) photoscenery with little VAS and FPS hits, then I am your guy. I am a Utahn and live in Salt Lake City, so what you see in the product is what you get.

For the $35.50 price, you get the whole custom city and airport, helipads, custom scenery configuration tool, single installer for multiple sim platforms (P3Dv3, FSX, FSX:SE - which I don't charge individual licenses for), custom animated jetway system, me and my wife's development time and effort, and an updated product when the real-world KSLC completes its major renovation come 2020. If the price is too much for you, then I humbly apologize. Let me know if you are still unhappy with my development effort, time and resources invested and I shall refund your $35.50 promptly.

As for product support, apart from you and Ieydis below, I have yet to have someone complain either privately or publicly about my after-market sales support services. I always attend to product issues within 30 minutes after receiving support emails, unless the customer is overseas in a different time zone at which I respond within 24 hours. You can't find that kind of dedication from most developers and shops, so your remark of lackluster support is unfounded. And just for the record, I just checked through my email and don't see any from you. Support email is always in the product Manual within all my products, on receipts when you purchased the product, at product pages at shops where you purchased the product, and on our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/islandsim/. If you bought KSLC directly from my store then the support email is right at the top of the page here: http://islandsim.com/store.html

As for my product dedicated forum, I had to shut it down due to constant hacks and spamming. It is time consuming for me to run as a one-man team together with my business FB page and web shop.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 9:56 AM, ieydis said:

I completely agree with you Dave.  This support is basically non-existent and their forums are offline just about 24/7.  They used to have some decent products but I think they've gone down the tubes of late.  I will try the REX WW HD version first as I own the package and its a free add-on.  I've used the BlueSky in the past but want to try what REX looks like before going back down that path.

See my full reply to Dave above. Write me at toksawe at gmail dot com and explain or show me where "Flashing textures all over terminals"

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com