Sign in to follow this  
bjratchf

Any way to delete ASCA sky textures?

Hi- I tried to "delete" the sky texture folders in ASCA in order that the program only selects the other sky textures I have installed (for example, those folders that ENVTEX has installed as well as http://1coder.ru/SKY/ready.html  ) ... but it causes the program to crash on startup. The problem is, when I have "sky colors" checked in the ASCA options, it seems to only select ASCA sky colors, and not the third party ones I want. 

Is there any way to prevent ASCA from using its own textures- some database file to delete so that it doesn't check for the existence of its own folders and crash?

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Very simple fix that does not involve "deleting" anything.  When setting up ENVTEX there is a box labeled "ASCA INTEGRATION".  You need to restore everything to default, then choose the option "ENVTEX textures ONLY" and then INSTALL .

WAT1460.png

you can also individually select which textures you want to use from within the app itself. go to settings->"wx influence configuration" and uncheck the ones that you don't want to see.

cheers!

-andy crosby

Ah! I noticed that they have been unchecked already- perhaps by the ENVTEX program! Perfect. Thank you!

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity