Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Check out this Detail on Brian's Delta 747 paint!

Hey guys, I've been working with Brian T and showing him some of my painting methods to add detail to liveries.

As you'll see in these shots, he's a good study, picked it up quickly, and even bought Paint Shop to match my setup even though he's a PSD'er. :laugh:  After he got bored with my preferred painting app, he applied his new skills back over to PSD and in the process, showed me enough of the app to convince me to work in it as well.  I can tell you I'm slowly acclimating to it, but its a challenge for this old brain. LOL

So without further ado'...here is his excellent PMDG 747 in Delta livery.

Here she is taxiing into the Delta maint. facility for some...uhhh...maintenance (I know she'd be towed in the real world and this ramp with be littered with planes (and the hangar doors open), but this is flightsim. :)  A tiny AA 737 is foolishly taxiing too close to all that potential thrust.

C7YbsZ.jpg 

Good closeup of the dirt detail Brian put into her.

7XP91n.jpg

Moving past the icon "Fly Delta Jets" sign at KATL.

L7yapJ.jpg

In her spot for the maint.  Other Delta smaller sisters getting ready for departure. (not that a 777 could ever be considered small, hehe)  Really wishing the elevations were accurate here as the maint ramp is way below the taxi and runways in real life.

8qC5j8.jpg

The nose, showing off some of the great detail around the L1 and L2 doors, and the upper pax door, streak on the cockpit window corner, etc.  Just look at the detail, too much to list all the things he's done.

Zujk3D.jpg

The right side, noting the cargo door dirt and grime..looks great IMO!

ehxTdZ.jpg

Wheel rims with brake dust and grime!

zTtqXX.jpg

Here is the right side near the back...Brian did a lot of work here!

1yfFlw.jpg

And he did exceptional work on the APU area (always dirty) and the subtle dirt on the vertical stab.

IryF3l.jpg

Here is a link to all his work....check it out and if you fly the PMDG 747 you need to have this Delta repaint!

Click here to see all of Brian's work.

Its been enjoyable and educational working with you Brian, looking forward to working on more paint projects with you in the future.:wink:

• Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Love the detail and Delta colors...great work!

HLJAMES

Thanks HL.

No livery will ever top Delta's widget, but I'd rate this 2nd of the liveries Delta's had over the decades.

Brian put some serious work into this paint.  Wait till you see others he's working on!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Very Nice! Steve I would imagine finding your liveries by searing your name in the avsim library?

Just saw the link in your sig :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Angelo Cosma said:

Very Nice! Steve I would imagine finding your liveries by searing your name in the avsim library?

Just saw the link in your sig :rolleyes:

Hey Angelo,

Yeah I've had that link there for years, I know its easy to miss....maybe I need to highlight it a bit more, hehe.

Hope you enjoy Brian's and my paints.  I'm about to add a few more to my link. :wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg