Hello all,

I noticed a huge flurry of input into the Intel/Ryzen conversation prior to the release of the Ryzen chip.  There was significant hope for the success of Ryzen but, after release there appears to have been very little to be said.

I believe XPlane has the most to benefit from with the 8 cores of Ryzen but has this been confirmed (in particular with reference to XPlane) for any of the Flight sims.  Has/is there any published data of  comparisons, benefits or other.

I am still looking at upgrading in the near future but still wondering which is the right chip for Xplane.

Can anyone help please

Regards to all

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I too am anxious to see some notes on how this new cpu will work with flight sim software. I believe we'll have to do some waiting. 

The chip is new. The motherboards and their chipsets and BIOS are new. Revisions of these will take some time.

I have read where software would need to be recompiled to fully take advantage to this new architecture. This seems unlikely except perhaps for new versions of P3D and X Plane.

Also, I have read that Window 10 does not fully recognise or correctly recognise this chip, in terms of scheduling and therefore not fully employing the potential performance increases. This, if true, should be addressed in upcoming updates to Windows.

But, what do i know? There's been an avalanche of information since release and who knows which is correct etc?

Time will tell. I suspect it will be some months before the dust settles enough to get some good benchmarks. 

Fingers are crossed.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Moved to hardware forum, hopefully there will be others there who can answer.

Last I checked no one here has built a Ryzen system and offered any benchmarks yet.  Have to wait for that to happen or be the guinea pig and do it yourself, I'm afraid.  

2 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

Last I checked no one here has built a Ryzen system and offered any benchmarks yet.  Have to wait for that to happen or be the guinea pig and do it yourself, I'm afraid.  

See JimmiG's post here:

http://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/499687-amd-ryzen/?page=19

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit