dreamlinerVN

PMDG cannot find FSX

Hi guys I already have FSX steam installed on my computer and bought the PMDG 777 yesterday. When I ran the setup, it kept telling me that "installation cannot continue. your registry does not show a valid fsx installation location...". I already tried to reinstall FSX and tried the FS Registry Repair but still not working. Can anyone help me?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ah, sorry, I missed that in your original post.

Before you reinstalled FSX, did you uninstall using THIS Procedure?  Failing to do so can result in the type of issue you're having, however it's usually resolved by Registry Repair Tool.

Does the Flight1 tool work with FSX Steam?  I think it only works with FS9 or FSX.  Dovetail can install FSXSE in any one of several ways in the registry, which makes it hard to design an installer to cover all the variations.

Contact PMDG Product Support and I think they have a tool that might be able to get you going with the PMDG installation.  Product support: http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Support accounts are separate from sales accounts, you may have to create a new one to open a ticket.

It does work with FSX:SE, provided there isn't a dual FSX install (of course).

Well here is a fix ,go to the Folder where FSXSE is installed then run the FSXSEconfig.exe and the activate.exe respectively , Enjoy