Sign in to follow this  
crab

Having trouble saving/loading flights

For years I've routinely saved my flights throughout the trip just in case FS/P3D crashed. PMDG products have always been the best in regards to this; the aircraft internals are usually loaded perfectly...every switch, knob and even FMS.

Crashes are pretty rare for me nowadays, but I did just get an OOM error and shutdown after about 90% of KMCO-EHAM was finished. I had saved the flight a bit before hand (long before the OOM, the VAS was fine.), but it won't load properly. It went through the countdown, and as soon as it finished, the panel became "jumpy". It'll work for a few frames, then pause...all while the sim and frame rate is normal. The FMS is not loading correctly, and some entries seem corrupted. I'll include screenshots.

A similar reaction has happened the last couple of times I've tried the same (over the two weeks), only the countdown never happens and the panel is completely dead. Not a switch works. These images are from tonight's save.

FMS1.pngFMS2.pngFMS3.pngFMS4.png

When saved, it had been a fully programmed system.

I open P3D by having the load screen automatically pop up when P3D starts, and I select the saved flight from there. I also select my airplanes, scenery, and date/time from here when I start my flights normally. This has worked properly from the 737NG release I'd say, so I'm curious what I might have changed on my machine to break the saving/loading of PMDG aircraft. Panel Serialization is and always has been off...it's part of my settings verification routine on first run after something requires deleting the Prepar3D.cfg file.

I have about 65 payware airports, but all but Taxi2Gate KMCO and FlyTampa Amsterdam were disabled via scenery.cfg before running P3D.

AS2016 and ASCA are running on mid-low settings. Like I said, it typically runs great and OOM crashes are rare, but if I get one, I can no longer open saved flights. I can post the save files if you'd like.

Thanks!

Flight save files...Hopefully I got everything

-Cory Crabtree

I've made a quick and dirty video of this happening. (I just ran P3D real quick to make this video of an attempt to open the above save, things are not necessarily set up as I would when doing a trip, but the results are no different)

When I made the save, the airplane was in level, stable cruise. LNAV/VNAV were engaged, not V/S.

You can see it's smooth as the countdown runs, but the panel itself begins stuttering when it finishes. The sim behind is still smooth.

Prepar3D is permanently set to open with admin rights, I have no virus scanner other than Windows Defender, and Prepar3D's folder is excluded, along with everything else I use for simming. I have no addons running other than AS2016.

I can open old saves that worked previously, I just cannot save new ones.

-Cory Crabtree

14 hours ago, crab said:

When I made the save, the airplane was in level, stable cruise. LNAV/VNAV were engaged, not V/S.

If you save it in LNAV/VNAV mode then it loads in LNAV/V/S mode I urge you to contact PMDG Product Support directly and submit a trouble ticket.  I'd save all the files from both documents and panels into a zip and attach it too, but that's optional. If they want those files they will ask for them.

This is odd because a dozen of us saved/loaded flights throughout beta testing and never saw this... so if you have a way of reproducing the problem that would be great.

Dan Downs KCRP

11 hours ago, downscc said:

If you save it in LNAV/VNAV mode then it loads in LNAV/V/S mode I urge you to contact PMDG Product Support directly and submit a trouble ticket.  I'd save all the files from both documents and panels into a zip and attach it too, but that's optional. If they want those files they will ask for them.

This is odd because a dozen of us saved/loaded flights throughout beta testing and never saw this... so if you have a way of reproducing the problem that would be great.

Alright, I will. It makes sense it'd drop VNAV because the FMS is loading totally empty, aside from those erroneous numbers as seen in the shots above. I'd just think LNAV would go, too.

-Cory Crabtree