Sign in to follow this  
James8133

Default Views Not working on FSX

Good morning,

Recently I bought the new PMDG 747 V3 as well as Active Sky 2016. Everything was working fine when I bought the PMDG 747 V3. Now my default views aren;t changing correctly even after I clicked "reset default settings" what else can I do to fix the problem?

Sincerely,

James

James Stump

You can change the default views?  I think not.  Each aircraft has its specific views and the PMDG 747 has its different views set up by the developer.  If you want to change the views then you might ask in the PMDG forum on the correct procedures.  You would have to go into the aircraft.cfg or you can get a program like EZDOK or the FSFX ChasePlane Package (see forum here on AVSIM) that allows different views.  Most aircraft have different views.  So the views you see in a Piper Cub will not be the same as those in the PMDG 747.

If you are trying to cycle through the various camera views, I usually use the S key to go forward through the views and Ctrl+S to go backwards.  Ctrl+S in the VC will take me to the PMDG wingview.  I'll zoom out for that view and then hit the A key and go to the other wing and zoom out to say, 40%.  Then, if I want to go back to the right wing, I'll hit Ctrl+A, then continue with my cycling through the various views by hitting the S key.  You can do a lot with the camera views provided for each aircraft. 

There are a lot of tutorials that provide guidance for Camera Views.  I found one really quickly at the following link - http://www.fstipsandaddons.com/tutorials/understanding-fsx-cameras.html

There is one item you can change in the FSX.cfg manually.  Look for WideViewAspect=False and change this to True if you have a while monitor.  Other than that you are pretty much limited with the defaults for all aircraft.

BTW, if you reset the default settings in the FSX settings, you will have to go into the settings and reset every slider that you had set up.  So be careful when reset FSX to the defaults.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Well, maybe I miss worded that.You know how you can cycle through each view? For some reason, when I do that, it automatically skips the view if you know what i'm trying to say?

James Stump

Whenever I click each view on the planes, I notice it skips very fast and it does;t stay on the view.

James Stump

You say it skips by the view.  Can I assume, like Jim suggested, that you are pressing either the

S or A key to change these views?  Could it be you are holding down the keys a little too long?

If so, then maybe a little adjustment to the keyboard sensitivity in the Settings/Control area will

help.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I think you can post a link to a YouTube video by using the "insert other media" tab.  You would

be inserting an image from a URL.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: