Sign in to follow this  
Matt Sdeel

Sample listing of plane that can or can not be used in WAMA

Is there a list of planes available that have been tested to work with WAMA? I think a list of compatible planes will make the buying decision easier.

I'm hoping the planes from the following developers can be displayed without issues or at most little modifications:

1. A2A planes
2. Carenado and Alabeo planes
3. RealAir

Thank you.

Hi Matt,

I am not aware of any aircraft that would not be displayed by WAMA - it can display every SimObject that the simulator itself can create.

Issues that have been found:

- missing landing gear on some models - for example the CLS MD-80 is not showing a landing gear. The reason for the missing gear is the CLS copy protection, that requires an active gauge in the cockpit - but if created as a simple SimObject, the aircraft doesn't have that - so, no gear. PMDGs 777 does that too. So I simply use the WAMA database editor to replace these models at their parking positions with models from my AI library that wear the same livery (and show their landing gear).

- Alabeo planes like to "jump" when created as AI. This can be remedied with the "freeze" checkbox in the WAMA database editor.

No problems with any other aircraft that I know of.

Testing has been conducted with a large selection of models from all major payware developers. My testers and I have more than 100 payware aircraft at our disposal, including a large selection of the product ranges from PMDG, A2A, RealAir, FSLabs, Aerosoft, MilViz, JustFlight, Nemeth, Cera, Carenado, Alabeo, CaptainSim, Lionheart, QualityWings, CLS, Eaglesoft, Flight 1, Iris, SimSkunkWorks, etc...plus a lot of freeware. Since WAMA has been released a month ago, the only issue reported by a customer was the jumping of some Alabeo models, which was resolved in 1.01 with the "freeze" option.

Best regards

Oliver Binder

LORBY-SI

Only one I've noticed issues with so far, was a freeware port-over of an FS9 Yak-40, which had no gear displaying on it, hardly surprising for a model which was not really intended to be in FSX. I've had loads of payware and freeware ones display correctly, including:

FSD: Piper Saratoga and Beechcraft V-35 Bonanza

JF: Aerospatiale TB-20 Trinidad and Piper PA-28 Arrow III

Virtualcol: ATR-42, ATR 72 and Shorts 360 Skyvan

Freeware: Tupolev Tu-204, BAe/Raytheon/Hawker Siddeley HS-125, Yakolev Yak-42, Embraer Legacy 600, Sukhoi SJ-100 Superjet and Bombardier Challenger 604.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Can someone show a sample picture showing aircraft on display parked side by side?  For example, a picture showing all the default planes in FSX parked alongside each other like in a museum?   Perhaps, a line of large commercial jets parked somewhere. I'd love to be able to see a size comparison of these planes as well as the ones I have.

Also, is there a limit to how many of the planes in the  simobjects folder that can be displayed alongside each other.

By the way, I took a look at SimMarket. I indicated that I'm in the US but the site still displayed prices in Euros (I'm new to the site. Shouldn't it show US dollars instead)?

Thanks.

58 minutes ago, Matt Sdeel said:

Can someone show a sample picture showing aircraft on display parked side by side?

PLANES%201_zps8gza7g4b.png

formation_zpsruhk4wls.jpg

Note the gear not displaying on the Yak 40 at the back in the top pic. The second pic is a screengrab from FS taken into Photoshop and messed about with to make it look like the aircraft were flying in formation over Vnukova. Note that I have painted out the landing gear, added the contrails and turned the nav lights on in PS. That repaint pic would have been a right pain in the arse to do without WAMA. It's well worth buying if you like doing stuff like this.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Nice pictures!  How long did it take you to compose and grab the first picture?  Would you be able to go back and say change one or two planes fin the picture for other planes in WAMA?  

Doesn't take long to do. Just load a plane, position it with either slewing or taxying, click on 'save postion' in WAMA, then load another plane in from the FS menu (it will load that new plane in at the same position as your current aircraft, making the WAMA one disappear temporarily, since it doesn't want to have two planes in the same place), then you just taxy or slew that new plane forwards or backwards sideways a bit (your saved WAMA plane will then reappear once your current aircraft moves clear of it), then save that new position, and rinse and repeat until you have all the aeroplanes you want in place. You can easily edit things, you simply choose a saved plane in WAMA, then select 'I want to fly this plane'. FS loads you into that plane, so you can easily move it, change it, delete it or whatever.

Alan Bradbury

10 hours ago, Matt Sdeel said:

Also, is there a limit to how many of the planes in the  simobjects folder that can be displayed alongside each other.

By the way, I took a look at SimMarket. I indicated that I'm in the US but the site still displayed prices in Euros (I'm new to the site. Shouldn't it show US dollars instead)?

Thanks.

33085643960_d29dc916e3_h.jpg

The limit is your simulator performance and memory, WAMA has no limit built-in. How many objects you can place until the simulator gives up depends on their complexity, it can range from a few dozen to a few hundred aircraft being created in the sim at the same time. The limit for very small objects (like plants or houses) is about 3000 objects.

On SimMarket there is a small "$" sign to the right of the EUR price, hover your mouse over it. But I won't pretend that I know how their shop works, I think I remember everything being displayed in $ too.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

10 hours ago, Chock said:

Doesn't take long to do. Just load a plane, position it with either slewing or taxying, click on 'save postion' in WAMA, then load another plane in from the FS menu (it will load that new plane in at the same position as your current aircraft, making the WAMA one disappear temporarily, since it doesn't want to have two planes in the same place), then you just taxy or slew that new plane forwards or backwards sideways a bit (your saved WAMA plane will then reappear once your current aircraft moves clear of it), then save that new position, and rinse and repeat until you have all the aeroplanes you want in place. You can easily edit things, you simply choose a saved plane in WAMA, then select 'I want to fly this plane'. FS loads you into that plane, so you can easily move it, change it, delete it or whatever.

Hi Chock,

you can move the aircraft directly (without slewing) by using the WAMA keys (Ctrl&Shift&NumPad) F/B, L/R, turn.

That repaint pic would have been a right pain in the arse to do without WAMA. It's well worth buying if you like doing stuff like this.

About that (nice picture btw!) - you could also use AiTrackerX and make those aircraft actually fly that formation as all-AI while you watch from your own craft or my invisible camera pod. Formations like these only take a few clicks, and you can make them follow flight plans, pre recorded paths, waypoint lists that you create with a flight planner - or yourself.

Random AITracker X formation:

33085644150_2c9b394dea_b.jpg

A circle of Extras around an AI bomber (made a video of that too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mimHo8Q8m0)33469158305_6aaa5b8a1d_b.jpg

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

These aircraft "wobble" (fixed by the freeze function) and do not display gears:

• Majestic Dash 8-Q400 (I use an Ultimate Traffic 2 AI model as replacement)
  • MilViz T-38A (there is a free AI package for this available from MilViz, but I have to test it. Edit: Just installed it, works perfectly and has all liveries of the flyable aircraft and more)

Some other aircraft work perfectly without adjustments, e.g.:

• A2A C182 and B377
  • Aerosoft Dimona X
  • Alabeo C172 RG and PA23 Aztec F (both do not wobble, even without freezing!)
  • Carenado C337
  • CLS/JustFlight BAe 146
  • Flysimware C441 and MU-2B
  • JustFlight Electra 10A and Fokker F27
  • RAZBAM Metroliner III

I tried all FSX+Acceleration default aircraft, all work! The following should be frozen, otherwise their main wheels would float a little bit above the surface:

• Airbus A321
  • 737-800
  • 747-800