Sign in to follow this  
caaront

Does NGX 737 require a minimum resolution?

In VR almost as soon as I start a flight in her I get an OOM.

Tonight I set my resolution to 1920x1080 with texture at 1024 from 4096, and when the 737 loaded it said in a green bar aircraft cache successfully loaded, or something like that, but it did not do the loading of systems, and nothing was animated in the VC, and in the outside view 90% of the skins were missing, although the gear raised and lowered.

Of course as a RL student pilot before injuring my C-spine I was taught to fly by the seat of my pants, and having hundreds of hours flying the 737 that way, all hands on, it was no problem to fly with zero instruments and bring her home for a safe landing.

Every one of my liveries was like that, even after reverting back to 4096.

I did not try in regular P3D mode on my monitor only, without FlyInside. Will try that on the morrow.

Thank you.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Weird, started it regular and switched to the 737 before I did anything else, before even loading the default flight,, no VC and it did the same thing in the VC, did not have time to switch views before it started loading systems, 5 seconds into that P3D died.

I restarted, let the default flight load, then switched to the 737 and it worked great.

Aaron, review the Introduction document and it's discussion of using the NGX in P3D.  Always start P3D from the Select Scenario screen by checking the box that says something like Show at Startup, this is in the Introduction.

• Upvote 1