Sign in to follow this  
Bruce953

Changing destination rwy & procedures

Hello, Sorry if this has been covered before. If the wx changes is it possible to change rwy and procedure at the destination once descent has started or during the flight ?  Thank you, Bruce

Hi Bruce.

ATC can assign a different approach, assuming your settings are correct and you have "Force Pilot Runway Selection" unchecked.

Or, you can request an approach to a different runway if you have "Force Pilot Runway Selection" option checked.

Dave

Dave,

A related question:

During my last flight - using real traffic from Nico - I realized the real life landing were at the opposite runway than the one proposed by ATC.

What is the correct procedure to change approach runway and also get a related STAR in the following cases:

- Before ATC approach assignment

- After ATC initial approach assignment occurred (already flying a STAR)

Thanks

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Roland,

In either case, be sure "Force Pilot Runway Selection" is checked.

in the Before ATC Approach Assignment Scenario you can

1) Modify your P2A Flight Plan to reflect the STAR and Approach you want

2) File the new flight plan - This will make the ATC Flight Plan equal to the displayed Flight Plan.

3) as step 2 will likely put you off course, Request a DirectTo the next Waypoint in the new flight plan from ATC.  Expect some possible "off course" calls

4) Do whatever you have to do to fly the new course.  Reset Aircraft GPS/FMC, etc.

After you start down on a Star or other type of descent,

1) Request vectors to the desired approach from ATC.  "<CallSign> request ILS to Runway 26 Right at Echo Delta Delta Tango."

Dave

Hi guys,

I hava a similar problem. P3D. Flying VFR with filled flight plan with rwy i want which is 28. On the approach, approach is tellig me to expect rwy 10, and hand me to tower. He is clearing me to land on rwy 10. After that i requst rwy 28. He comes back to me again with rwy 10. I have "Force pilot rwy selection" checked.