Sign in to follow this  
OfficialLiovo

Black Textures....everywhere....

it might be a good idea to run malware bytes or some malware software cause that is not normal, I can change the cfg without any notice from FSX but I use wordpad for that, I have about a 120Gb big FSX with all add ons and loading times are about 45 seconds but Ihave it on an SSD.

Herman

Is your anti virus software off? and check for viruses and malware, always when downloading stuff for FSX ( also add ons from all developers ) switch UAC  and antivirus ( also the useless windows defender ) off cause it might block stuff from downloading asswell as from loading hence the long loading times and bad performance

forgot your low end system, frame rates should be unlimited for low end systems and the texture max load could go back to 512 mb  and wideview back to false ( noticed you only have a normal screen and not a wide screen ) all the rest can't cause bad performance, only better.but please check with malware bytes it's a free 30 day full working trial.

I had long loading times ( up to 10 minutes ) for a while to and it seemed I had a malware on my system that caused all this ( also the bad performance )

Shouldn't I put on the AffinityMask=14 tweak? Anyway, back to the topic of this post. Do you know any reason why I am getting the textures? I'll try malware bytes in a minute.

- Jacob

no affinity mask here, it will make things worse for you. The textures come from your graphics card that can't keep up or a corrupted texture folder that's why you have to check first for malware, if it finds something it might be a good idea to download and install FSX SE from frech again.

I've already reinstalled FSX three times. And, how would the tweak make things worse? I have a quad core, so it would use four instead of one.

no it would use 3 instead of 4 cores and at 1.8Ghz you need all the power you can get.

If you have malware on your system it will creep in every install again, good working methods are the best way to a secure and good install; first check for malware and viruses, then do a system clean and a good registry clean and then download and install software if you are 99% sure your system is okay.