Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Captain vs FO systems in the NGX

Hi Kyle,

Is it only the Captain systems that are fully implemeted in the NGX or is the FO systems also implemented in the code logic ?

Or are both implemented as in the real airplane ?

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

53 minutes ago, roarkr said:

Is it only the Captain systems that are fully implemeted in the NGX or is the FO systems also implemented in the code logic ?

I'm not following the question. Why are you assuming that they are different? The systems are the systems in the plane.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Think he probably means pretty obscure stuff like the fact that co-pilot's side Course window sends its nav course setting to the second autopilot, whereas the pilot side Course window sends its nav course setting to the first autopilot, so if you did something stupid like putting different courses into each window, it wouldn't be able to do a dual channel ILS approach, or stuff like it sending transponder data to ATC via the info displayed on the pilot's side PFD rather than the co-pilot's side PFD. As noted, fairly obscure things which wouldn't really matter in normal operations.

Obscure as those are, as far as I'm aware, the PMDG 737 NG is correct in simulating all that stuff.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Not sure if I get the question either but I'm flying from the F/O side all the time and apart from the NAV course thingy Chock mentioned I don't notice anything being different than on the pilot's side.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD