757FO

MCE in the hangar... for now

First, I have nothing but respect for Gerard, he is a very dedicated developer, and is very quick to get back to us with detailed explanation, his support is top notch, I am not a developer but I can imagine how much work has gone into this add-on. With that being said, I have not been having much fun with the product lately, I really bought it to add a FO to the FSL A320X in P3D and since 3.2 the inability to interact with some of the functions of the airplane is ruining the experience for me. (I understand that some of the overhead systems are currently inaccessible and that Gerard is investigating, but I also noticed the autobrakes commands are not followed by MCE, and telling FO to "set altitude to 32000, results in the FO acknowledging and reading back correctly the command, but setting a different value in the FCU (39000 in my last trys)

I probably can live with these quirks until Gerard figures out what's wrong, but I cant take the robotic voices anymore (I use TTS) the read back are too slow and there is almost a whole second between words ("after ___ start____checklist___ completed). IF anyone has any tips on this please do let me know.  IRL we go through these flows and checklists rather fast and the FO responses and readbacks are too slow, sometimes with unnecessary responses. (cancel checklist requires too many responses for example)

I love the flexibility of the product and its wide area of support, but for now I have to put it aside, I am not regretting spending my $$$ for this product as Gerard deserve the support IMO. This is not a bashing post in any ways, hope it is not taken as such!

Happy landings!

John.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't own the FSL A320X so can't comment on current usability , but with regard to the robotic voices I would recommend using, as a rule, the recorded voices (of which I am one by the way). They are definately less robotic, most of the time! 

If you use the procedure flows, you could try editing the files with Notepad  and shortening the pause time in between each action.

With regard to the checklists there are an undocumented parameters you can add to the checks to determine who actions the check. So for things which MCE can't handle at present you could set the check so that you action those yourself (//1) and leave the FO to action himself the ones that do work (//2).  I use the latter alot, since it's normally the FO's job to run through the checklists.  The parameters one can add to the checks are as follows (include the //n at the end of the check) ;

//1 Captain replies and actions/

//2 FO replies and actions

//3 Both FO and Captain must reply

//4 Flight Engineer replies

//5 Captain and Flight Engineer reply

//6 FO and FE reply

///7 Everybody replies

It seems such a shame to shelve such a great product, but the support from Gerard and team is first class and hopefully they can resolve the issues with the FSL A320x soon. 

Keep a watch on the websites download page and version number as minor bug fix releases are not always announced. 

Good luck, 

Stuart

1 hour ago, 757FO said:

First, I have nothing but respect for Gerard, he is a very dedicated developer, and is very quick to get back to us with detailed explanation, his support is top notch, I am not a developer but I can imagine how much work has gone into this add-on. With that being said, I have not been having much fun with the product lately, I really bought it to add a FO to the FSL A320X in P3D and since 3.2 the inability to interact with some of the functions of the airplane is ruining the experience for me. (I understand that some of the overhead systems are currently inaccessible and that Gerard is investigating, but I also noticed the autobrakes commands are not followed by MCE, and telling FO to "set altitude to 32000, results in the FO acknowledging and reading back correctly the command, but setting a different value in the FCU (39000 in my last trys)

I probably can live with these quirks until Gerard figures out what's wrong, but I cant take the robotic voices anymore (I use TTS) the read back are too slow and there is almost a whole second between words ("after ___ start____checklist___ completed). IF anyone has any tips on this please do let me know.  IRL we go through these flows and checklists rather fast and the FO responses and readbacks are too slow, sometimes with unnecessary responses. (cancel checklist requires too many responses for example)

I love the flexibility of the product and its wide area of support, but for now I have to put it aside, I am not regretting spending my $$$ for this product as Gerard deserve the support IMO. This is not a bashing post in any ways, hope it is not taken as such!

Happy landings!

John.

No problem. Feedback always welcome.

FCU dialling for altitude can be fixed by simply slowing down the dialling pace (needs to be done in source code). It does simulate wheel scroll which as you know can overshoot target value when done too quickly. The hardest part for FCU is to actually read the current value.

Not sure what TTS voice you're using. Some behave better than others. Some need a bit more processing to output their audio.

Since we introduced human recorded voices a few years ago we started neglecting those TTS voices.

For instance discovered lately that Cereproc voices weren't performing as expected until this was fixed in latest release. Make sure you install V2.7.0.6

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Go through the flows and remove any "Pause" lower than 2 seconds. MCE internally automatically inserts a small delay between 2 consecutive actions.

You can adjust Fo behaviour as follows...

Go to "General" tab in MCE user interface and click <More options>

In "advanced options" panel, ensure "talks a lot" option isn't ticked.