Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Attention Aussie XP11 Users

Guest JustanotherPilot

I'm just getting into X-Plane seriously, I've dabbled in XP10 but now have the XP11RC1 release, I have just flown the IXEG737 from Launceston to Sydney and made the following observations that I need help in sorting out.

1. The default scenery during the route does not convey the real textures, in that, it shows cultivated fields in green and brown in the flat areas which are  too populated with cultivated fields(similar to those of the UK where the whole country is made up of farmlands), not the dry, occasional farmed area that is Australia.

2. When landing on Rwy 34L at Sydney, instead of coming in over the waters of Botany Bay, this and Runway 34R are surrounded by bushland with no water in sight.

3. The cloud depiction during the trip was set on real time, but the cloud shapes and coverage did not look real at all, but seemed to be a white overcast, hazy spread with no distinct shapes or varieties at all.

4. I have also noticed that overall, XP11 external views of the environment seems dull and flat, lacking in brightness and contrast. I have played with the setting but can't seem to improve on the appearance, I have heard of a program called 'Reshade' that has additional packs for different effects, would this improve this?

I need help in finding alternate default scenery that is realistic  to Australia and a weather program similar to Active Sky Next I use in Prepar3D but for XP11(SkyMaxx Pro perhaps?). I would also like a program or setting adjustment to increase brightness/contrast.

The images below show the unrealistic default scenery on the Canberra to Sydney leg and the general 'bland' look of the ground and clouds.

All input from members would be greatly appreciated.

Steve S

B733_17_zps9dpuvksv.jpg

B733_16_zpsqy3wpnby.jpg

Do a scenery update of X-Plane 11

Get X-Pilot's mesh files for Australia

Do a search for Australian scenery.

Oz will be a lot better.

Trevor Golding

1 hour ago, JustanotherPilot said:

I'm just getting into X-Plane seriously, I've dabbled in XP10 but now have the XP11RC1 release, I have just flown the IXEG737 from Launceston to Sydney and made the following observations that I need help in sorting out.

1. The default scenery during the route does not convey the real textures, in that, it shows cultivated fields in green and brown in the flat areas which are  too populated with cultivated fields(similar to those of the UK where the whole country is made up of farmlands), not the dry, occasional farmed area that is Australia.

2. When landing on Rwy 34L at Sydney, instead of coming in over the waters of Botany Bay, this and Runway 34R are surrounded by bushland with no water in sight.

3. The cloud depiction during the trip was set on real time, but the cloud shapes and coverage did not look real at all, but seemed to be a white overcast, hazy spread with no distinct shapes or varieties at all.

4. I have also noticed that overall, XP11 external views of the environment seems dull and flat, lacking in brightness and contrast. I have played with the setting but can't seem to improve on the appearance, I have heard of a program called 'Reshade' that has additional packs for different effects, would this improve this?

I need help in finding alternate default scenery that is realistic  to Australia and a weather program similar to Active Sky Next I use in Prepar3D but for XP11(SkyMaxx Pro perhaps?). I would also like a program or setting adjustment to increase brightness/contrast.

The images below show the unrealistic default scenery on the Canberra to Sydney leg and the general 'bland' look of the ground and clouds.

All input from members would be greatly appreciated.Steve S

Hi Steve

You can check the below

1- Ortho4xp for photoreal generation +  default autogen overlay found here in the signature of Oscarpilote first post dropbox link http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/90469-ortho4xp/

2- Australia replacement textures for default autogen    http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/35829-australiapro/

3- You can check Reshade and the preset "colour theme" found here http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/37026-alternative-environment-xp11/

4- xEnviro 1.06 payware for weather with replacement textures http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/36688-xenviro-experimental-clouds-for-payware-xenviro/

5-  YSSY freeware airport    http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/20882-yssy-sydney-kingsford-smith-intl-isdg/

6- Sydney City found here and comes with a small photo "YSSY Sydney City Photo Scenery XP10 1.0.zip" http://cdn.isdg.com.au/downloads/

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Wow that freeware YSSY is superb!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Guest JustanotherPilot

Thanks Everyone, Your suggestions will be installed over the weekend.

steve

Ortho4XP is very hit and miss for Australia, but it's not too bad along the coast or major cities, so it's certainly a good solution to use along with the Australia Pro download for autogen replacement.