Sign in to follow this  
VirtualPilot1460

'Safest' VFR routes through the Middle East

Hi Guys,

I'm currently flying a 'transport' flight from Geurnsey to Dubai in a Cirrus SR22, I've made it to Santorini and next stop is Cyprus... However I'm then left in a predicament after that, I am trying to keep as realistic as possible.... So here we go... I don't really want to fly through Turkey as it's not really getting me any closer to Dubai... I need to avoid Syria, Iraq and Iran, my only viable options are Lebanon and Israel, Or possibly Egypt (but I think that may be out of range). However Saudi Arabia is a looking good, but I have to get there....

Thoughts?

Read here
Transport to Dubai

Regards

Nathan Smith 

System Specs: FSX:SE (upgrading to P3D v4.5), Intel i7-6700 (Skylake) 3.4GHz Quad Core, nVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB, 16GB Corsair Vengence  Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Acer 27" Monitor

A complex area to fly in real life - especially for private operators, small cargo company or even commercial flights. At a minimum I would check the FAA and European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) websites.  Another helpful site is THIS SITE, though there are others.  Try searching the web for Middle East Flight Plan\Planning.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hi

LCPH to HEAX (Alexandria) is 247 Nm according to GCMapper and 281 to Cairo.

You could probably even try HELX (Luxor) which in real life is said to be easier on formalities.... or one of the Red Sea ports.

From there its over the Red Sea to Saudi Arabia and on to Dubai. I have read may a report of single engine flights in these areas and do not remember one that would have gone through Syria, Lebanon or Irak.

With a little bit a digging you can find a lot of interesting and fascinating reports here: http://www.earthrounders.com/

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

that earthrounders is a great site, wonder if there is one for flightsimmers

Regards

Nathan Smith 

System Specs: FSX:SE (upgrading to P3D v4.5), Intel i7-6700 (Skylake) 3.4GHz Quad Core, nVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB, 16GB Corsair Vengence  Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Acer 27" Monitor

Perhaps you can get some ideas here:

https://www.pilotundflugzeug.de/artikel/2017-02-13/Leserreise_2017_Serengeti

16 Airplanes this year did a similar trip, some places were outstanding, some places had high fees but bad services and the whole story is very helpful to understand the problems, that can happen. Also AVGAS for the engine is not that easy to get in a lot of countries and often needs manual pumping from a barrel.

A part of the routing can be seen here:

https://www.pilotundflugzeug.de/download/lr2017/ReiseplanKarte.pdf

Good luck on your trip!

Manfred

If you are going for realism then you have to avoid Israel as you could not enter the airspace of any other country except Jordan after transitioning through Israeli airspace. Fly from Cyprus to Cairo then Cairo to an airport in Saudi Arabia and then to Dubai.

Thanks thats the choice I took. I will heading to Sharm and then into Saudi 

Regards

Nathan Smith 

Thunking of starting a blog project for flight simmers to post vast flights of this type

.... thoughts

Regards

Nathan Smith